what do you do with your LO while you

Shri

Reaction score
go to the loo, answer the door etc?
I put Oscar in a little umbrella buggy in front of a dvd as it seems the safest place, he is into everything at the moment and even in a playpen I can't trust that he wont bump himself....

it makes him cross but I don't know what else would work - he is quick as a flash and despite my constantly trying to think ahead what mischief he could get into he seems to find things (bits of tape I hadn't noticed etc)

just curious what others do...

umm I used to just take her with me :rofl: only recently have I started to leave her downstairs for short periods on her own while I run to the answer the door or use the washroom

Hmm I just walk and do those things lol, he sometimes follows me, sometimes he plays, or he just walks around the house

Same as mommyof3co. He usually tags along, especially if I go to the loo!

i just go , he normally follows me , and if i move into a different room, he sits and plays nicely on his mats with his toys or he again follows me and the brings toys with him. hes pretty good really and if he does stay to play on his mats im constantly checking him xx

He either follows me or stays where he is, depends what mood he is in. It is usually him who gets to the door first, he opens the letter box looks out and tells me who it is (if he knows) lol

yeah i just go, most of the time hes comes along too, but if not he stays where he is or wanders between the living room and bath room or pplays peekaboo around the bathroom door etc.. ( we are in a flat so no stairs) i used to take him with me though. if he stays where he is or is otherwise out of my sight i talk to him while im going , lol. but can usually tell by listening what he is upto :)

most of my bathroom trips are accompanied by Brody and the dog, no such thing as privacy around here :)

I take jacob with me everywhere :rofl: Even if im just nipping the washing up stairs to the tumble dryer (takes 30 secs max!) I carry jacob and all the washing and master the stair gate both ends of the stairs then i put the washing in the tumble and take jacob back down with me :rofl: xxXx

hmmm...most people don't have giant babies like me then! lol!
I'd collapse if I tried to carry him with me everywhere and as for tryng to go to the loo with him in tow - it would be messy.

chloe comes with me! and she is a very heavy a baby, but I'd rather have carried her (don't have to now) than leave her, she can't be trusted!

I have 2 little ones and certainly not dragging them both upstairs with me:wacko:

Playpen, Graco playtime swing or the old rearward facing carseat that we use as a sort of "lowchair":thumbup:.

if i go 2 the loo, i just go 2 the loo and jack normaly comes with me and shuts the door for me then opens it lol if i have 2 answer my front door then he comes to why wouldnt i, i think the safest place is with me

Yep I just go ahead and do it, sometimes she follows me sometimes she doesn't

I just go ahead and go. Luckily i have a downstairs loo x

Normally he just keeps playing, sometimes he will follow me.

i've got the travel cot downstairs, which i put her in! all hell would break loose if i left her to it, especially with the dog. also comes in very handy when ella needs feeding or cuddling or anythin like that!

Going to the loo I put him in his cot. Answering the door it depends on what he's doing and if I'm expecting someone. If it's just a random knock at the door I take him with me as I don't know how long I will be there. If it's someone I know is coming and he isn't trying to be clever (i.e climbing on the sofa or his toy box to get the TV or DVDs or currently trying to give me kittens by pulling on the xmas tree) I will leave him in the living room while I run and answer the door

I used to take him with me. But now he just tends to follow me where I go if he wants. If door knocks he dives there first, even gets post before I do. As for loo I ask him if he wants to come, if not I shut kitchen door(only one he can't open) and fly upstairs and back down again, I have a gate so he cant follow me when i'm not watching. But like alot of other mums said he just tends to follow and play where I go.

When he was really young I used to fasten him in his car seat if I took a shower etc, or things that took a lil longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->