What do you do with your LO's during the day?

tone

Mummy of 2! ttc for #3
Reaction score
As it says in the title....what do you do with them in the day?
i.e playing etc

ummm well everyday seem to be different!

Some mornings i bring her into bed with me and we have a good natter about sleeping and dreams etc...lol
Then downstairs...I have just introduced solids so she has some baby rice, then sits in her bumbo whilst it digests a bit, then she goes into her jumperoo. (i clean and tidy a bit)
Nap time.....feed, bumbo and plays with toys or on the floor with toys. Sits on the sofa with me and talks to me while i have lunch.
Sleep, play, feed. Its pretty much our day filled!

Oh and then evening is bathtime she loves splashing in the water, then it takes ages to change her i sing to her and blow bubbles on her tummy, trying to make her giggle (evenings are when she laughs the most!), then downstairs for cosy cuddles, feed and rice then sleep.

As she gets older she is communicating more so it is easier to entertain her, when she was so little it was hard to do anything with her really.

In the morning we chat on my bed.
We do tummy time on her mat,place her in her bouncy chair, swing or bumbo and 'talk' with her,the great new thing is her jumperoo in which she hangs so I get some extra time :blush:
I read to her,play music,snuggle, we type on BnB :blush:
Baths and playing with bubbles

We would also go for a walk once a day but it's so freezing outside lately.

Every day is different, I don't really have set what to do with her.

There are some ideas on this thread from earlier :hug:

We try tummy time but he just lays there smiling and eating his hand, so then he plays with his play gym. Later on he goes in his bumbo and I give him rattles which he grabs then chucks lol, or tries to eat them. Sometimes I try to read to him but he really isn't interested yet. I talk to him a lot and he is getting good at kicking his legs really high when he's on his back so I've been encouraging him to do that. He still sleeps a lot though so it does depend on the day xx

I play all sorts of stupid games which I make up randomly - usually involve me dancing around and pulling faces! Sometimes if I am desperate for a bath i.e covered in sick and my hair is stuck together I put Leo in his sitting bouncer in the bath room and sing to him while I have a super quick bath! I always try and go out once a day but so cold today that we didnt. I sometimes put him under his play mat thing so I can quickly run around and do housework as recently his naps have been something of a distant memory! The rest of the time is nappies changing, feeding, trimming little nails bathing....!! What did I used to do before I had him!!????

Oops, didnt realise there was already a thread about this hehe...thanks for your replies ladies! xx

Hmmmm i dont think i have a list of things i do i just play with her, but tbh Tabitha still feeds and sleeps most of the time. She plays in her jumperoo and her bumbo and plays on her playmat and talks on the couch... we wonder around the house and watch tv :lol: About it really!!

Whenever Jasper is awake we play and talk. He has a baby gym, a tummy time mat and a bouncer, and as he gets bored really easily I just rotate him between the three while talking with him. On warm days I take off all his clothes and his nappy, because he loves wiggling his back against different fabrics, its really cute.

His sleeping pattern is roughly (on a good day!!!) 1 1/2 hours awake and 1 1/2 hours asleep throughout the day. In the 1 1/2 he's awake he has a feed, a change, a play and a cuddle as he gets grizzly and tired and then back to bed.

Unfortunately I work 8am-4pm from Monday to Thursday, so Friday and the weekends are the only days we spend the mornings together.
We snuggle in the bed in the morning, play a little, feed in the chair, do some stuff in the exersaucer, LOTS of crawling, running around after her, watch the smurfs on youtube, etc. I also like to take her out to fresh air every day so we just go across the road to the mall. Short walk, but good for both of us.

At that age it was mostly holding her and talking to her or playing with her while she was on a playmat, showing her toys etc.

Now she plays on the floor with toys, sits in her exersaucer, jumperoo, or bumbo. Sometimes we watch cartoons together....don't really have a set schedule.

in the morning when ali wakes up he gets his breakfast and i spend pretty much the whole morning playing with him and reading him stories.

at around 1pm we go out for a long 2 hour walk (for fresh air, for me to lose weight lol).

when we get back i play with him some more and then let him play alone for awhile while i make dinner or do other wee jobs around the house.......

on a monday and friday mornings i got to a baby group and in the evenings i bath him and daddy plays with him........

i like to play with him as much as i can..

Christine
XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"