what do you get upto at night?

catty

Reaction score
Lately iv been getting fairly bored at night. We try and get baby in his cot by 8.30 (was 10 tonight :( ) then il clean up from the day, get somethings organised for the next day, sit and watch tv and then im bored and end up going to bed.
Oh stays up quite late compared to me playing football manager or watching a dvd. We do talk alot in the evenings and we still have couple time but cant think of much we can do together in the house, im also alwayssss tired.

friday nights we have a no phones or laptops night where we get baby to bed and watch a film and have a takeaway

what do use get upto?

Usually we'll go to bed together at about 11pm - although past week or so we've been up late as we really got into a series on NetFlix and just kept on watching lol *Orange is the New Black is amazing btw! lol

I confess I get bored too. I will spend a bit of time on the computer or on my phone, watch some TV and make a lot of tea! lol

I'm hoping to start a course of some description in the next few months and my evenings will be taken up with that - which will be nice. I have tried reading but I find my head is a bit fuzzy from being so tired from the babies but I do have a couple of books I need to read and plan on starting one of them in the next few days once hubby is back from his weekend away (hence my late post - waiting on him getting in as he didn't take his keys).

All in all, I think that's pretty normal. How about crafts. I sometimes do a bit of baking in an evening as I find it quite relaxing, especially is hubby is busy, or some cross-stitch.

Pretty much the same here. It's hard for us to do much else right now anyway as DS still cluster feeds all evening, so we watch tv and chat.

We have a lot of board games although we've only played a couple since DS came along. We used to play them quite a bit and probably will do again when DS is in bed in the evenings.

You could have a night giving each other massages?

And there's the other obvious couples together activity ;) ....... something I'm too tired for right now lol

Nurse and jiggle my colicky baby till she falls asleep for the night (usually around 9pm) at which point i go to bed! The colic appears to be improving since i cut out dairy so hopefully soon it will be do dishes, nutse baby, bed :haha: i'm so cool!

We sometimes get into a tv series and ending up watching alot of that. The other week I was at a temple spa party and ended up trying out the stuff I bought on him haha, was funny but not really something we can do often.
As for other things thats maybe like once a week haha, once babies born hoping that will all go back to normal.

we are going to start doing work out dvds after baby is born but realistically with 2 children under 1 im unsure of how well thtl work

Nothing really. Four days a week I'm at work so don't get home until 6:30ish, then I spend a bit of time with LO's, I then bath them, put them to bed, read them stories. By then it's like 7:30 so I do dinner for me. I then tidy up, have a bath/shower then I usually just watch something in bed on Netfix. My nights are pretty boring :lol:
Weekends I often get a takeaway and have friends over, or go out occasionally if I don't have LO's.

Lo's go to bed at 7.30. After that it's tidying, ironing for the next day, loading the dishwasher etc. Afterwards I might take a long bath, watch some tv if oh and I are into a particular show, work on my home study course, paint my nails, I also read quite a lot. Oh tends to take the dog for a walk or play the ps4. On weekends we try to watch a film together. That's about it really!

Once the kids are in bed I tidy up and then have a sit down and relax for 15 minutes. Then I'll work for a bit (I'm a WAHM), make dinner and watch something on TV with DH, then work some more and come on BnB. Two evenings a week I go to the gym. Sometimes DH and I will play board games, do a jigsaw (we are that cool :haha:) or just have a glass of wine and chat.
I used to knit but haven't found the time in over a year, but I like it- it's nice to do something relaxing and its satisfying to make something. Do any arts or crafts appeal to you?

If I'm on my own I try to get some uni work done and write a few articles for my internship, have a few glasses of wine, watch a film or listen to and download new music. Nothing too exciting! If my boyfriend comes over we usually make a meal together, watch a film and then just talk crap all night :haha: We are also reading a book together so take turns to read out loud it while we cuddle, so gross I know. FOB babysits in the weekday once a week and we usually go to the cinema or go play pool. On the weekends I do the same if I have Ivy but if Dom has her I go out a lot.

We tend to watch tv together series like breaking bad on Netflix. My dh likes to spend time in the computer and when he is doing this I often do some crafts or crochet. I spend a lot of time in the evening cleaning once the girls are in bed

We eat dinner, watch whatever boxset we're into, read our books..

Not a lot. I'm still studying for my professional qualifications so I do a lot of that or housework that needs to be done. We do try and watch a movie together at least once a week together though.

Same as everyone else really. Kids are normall in bed by half 7.

We have dinner when they are in bed (oh works shifts so we usually eat seperate to the kids) I'll have a bath/shower (depending if footy/PS4 is on) OH plays PS/browses internet. I'll read a magazine.

We watch soaps/films/tv series (breaking bad at mo)

Fridays or Saturdays I'll occasionally have a couple of glasses of wine. OH doesn't drink.

Usually have a bath, have dinner ( if I've not ate with kids) then work my way through Criminal Minds from the beginning, currently on Series 7 :)

My son is in bed anytime between 6-7 so after he's in bed I tidy up, make tea and maybe come online or read a book or see how crappy the tv is! xx

My daughter is usually asleep by 8:30pm and by then I'm knackered :haha: I usually stay up too late just trying to get some ''me time'' in.

I just look at fb, reddit, bnb, the daily mail (oh the shame), news websites, skype friends and family. I am barely ever able to keep my eyes open long enough to watch an episode of something I like, though Breaking Bad was an exception - missed out on a lot of sleep because of that show!

I like to catch up with OH and hear about his day and tell him about mine. We don't often get time together so that's important to me. That's all I have time for really!

We have a date night once a week, we pig out, eat fatty foods and watch a DVD or a few episodes of a show (Game of Thrones now, was Walking Dead and True Detective)

Then every other night he plays games, goes plays football etc and i'll have bubble baths, read or catch up on my shows, the nights inbetween those we spend together ;) or just laze around together etc.

Usually too tired to do much! I clean a little, maybe do laundry.. Then watch tv with OH or go on the iPad.. Or get a shower if I haven't managed one in the day. And wait for DS2 to wake up because he needs resettling everyone hour or less sometimes. I used to get together with my girl friends one night a week but everyone's too busy with babies and work lately :(.

We watch a film sometimes or some stuff that we recorded off sky. Or i go on xbox one and he goes on ps4 but he goes bowls 3 times a week. Or i read.

LO goes to bed at 7, i spend 30-1hr clearing up & then watch eastenders at 7.30/8 (depends when its on).
jump in the bath for 20 mins & then OH & I watch tv, dvds etc or i'll do my paper cutting while he reads. we both go to bed about 1am, but sometimes one of us will fall asleep on the sofa.
this is if we are both off work that evening of course. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->