what do you make of this advice?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe has been weaning for a week and a bit, she went to having a spoonful twice a day yesterday.

Went to clinic today and told HV what I was doing and why I had decided to, she said it was fine, she was obviously showng signs and is enjoying it......

Then she told me that I could puree what we are having and give her that..:saywhat:

Honestly, am I being silly or is that a really stupid thing to advise me to do? Surely at 5 months a bit of cereal, rice, pureed fruit and veg is one thing, but 'adult food'?

Seriously, what do you guys think?

BTW this is the same HV that told me Chloe has a lazy eye!!!!

My mw said the same thing but she said it for 6 months as she was following the 'don't wean till 6 months' thing. I personally wouldn't because I'm terrified of giving her too much salt but I think people do do it and it's fine. As long as you do it properly. I started giving Grace jars at 5 months-ish and they are basically just pureed adult meals but obviously they're specially designed for babies. But I don't think the HV would give you advise about something that could potentially be bad for your baby. Saying that I have had some bizarre advice from them myself

shocking!!! i won't be giving ali our meals for ages yet. i personally don't mind making him all his meals - i am also paranoid about salt intake!!!

Lots of people give their babies purees instead of baby food... Im sure she didnt mean to give the baby 5 things at once, but puree your veggies etc...

After I'd told her that I puree fruit and veg for her she said 'just blend up whatever you have at mealtimes'. Maybe she did mean just the veg, but it didnt come across like that at all and I bet some people would take it as whole meals!!

Sounds odd to me too. I wouldn't do it as I tend to worry about salt intake, her getting what she needs etc.

I wouldn't give my baby "adult food" puree, too much salt and msg and all those stuff. I just make every veggies fresh and nothing else added. i started weaning 3 days ago

I'm so nervous about giving him my food that I'll probably never do it! I'd just give her veg and fruit and stuff. There are things they aren't supposed to have until 6 months so surely she shouldn't be advising that...if she's following 'the rules' anyway.

I think what she meant by that was puree what your having minus salt, spices ect .. I dont see the problem with giving adult foods as long as its with nothing added ..but then again its only advised once the baby has tried all the different foods first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->