• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What do you reckon....waste of time?

mummy2jack

Reaction score
i took lo to docs yesterdy as he seemed to have a lot of mucus and was struggling to get it up and nearly choking on it :( doc listened to his chest and back and said he was fine but gave me some saline drops for his nose. Today, it seems wosr, it comin out of his nose and he's throwing up quite a bit of mucus so i booked another appointment for this afternoon. Just been to baby group and quite a few babies have a cough and i was told that if its a cold, the doc wont give him anything, plus the fact that he is bringin the mucus up is a good thing as he's gettin it out. Ifthis is the case, is it gonna be a waste of time going back again this aft? Thanks in advance xx

i took lo to docs yesterdy as he seemed to have a lot of mucus and was struggling to get it up and nearly choking on it :( doc listened to his chest and back and said he was fine but gave me some saline drops for his nose. Today, it seems wosr, it comin out of his nose and he's throwing up quite a bit of mucus so i booked another appointment for this afternoon. Just been to baby group and quite a few babies have a cough and i was told that if its a cold, the doc wont give him anything, plus the fact that he is bringin the mucus up is a good thing as he's gettin it out. Ifthis is the case, is it gonna be a waste of time going back again this aft? Thanks in advance xx

I've been back three times with the cough as nursery keep asking me to to check its not a chest infection that will spread through the nursery and just keep being told its viral xxx cough is really bad, hacking, making him sick and eyes water but nothing you can get for it :(

^^ aw bless him, hope he's better soon. i was so scared first time he was chokin on it, poor little mite xx

My LO was like this a while ago, I took him to the out of hours doctor and he said it might clear up on it's own but we should see if it got worse and if it did he would give antibiotics. I wasn't happy with letting it get any worse so he gave me a prescription then and there, LO started getting better within a few days of taking them.

I'd say trust your instinct - if you want him checked again to be on the safe side and to put your mind at rest, it's not a waste of time. Hope he's feeling better soon :hugs:

Same here, she sounds really rough and the doctor said we can't do anything more than we are doing now. Its so frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"