What do you take for a cold?

DNice

Reaction score
So I've been super hesitant to take anything for this cold I'm nursing, but I feel like I need to take SOMETHING to gone and knock this out.

Butttttttttt colds have to just run their course anyway, right!??!?! :shrug:

Yeah for the most part, colds just need to run their course. Most of what you get for colds is just to mask the symptoms and they don't get rid of it for you. :) But my doctor gave me a list of meds that she considers safe during pregnancy and I just followed what was on there. I had a pretty bad cold back in 1st tri with coughing that kept me up at night. So I ended up taking a cough medicine (Robitussen) just so I could get some sleep; I held out for a while but when I'd had the cold for over a week I couldn't take it any more. I figured my doc said it was safe and I needed sleep so that outweighed the chance of it hurting my bean. But if you aren't sure, I'd probably call your doctor/midwife just to get their advice on if they can recommend anything to help with your cold. I hope you feel better soon! Good Luck!

High dose of vitamin c,d, and zinc , can help you fight it faster , also Vicks :)

I've taken paracetamol a couple of times with a nasty cold, and the nose spray relief for blocked noses

Netti pot several times a day helps with the congestion

I feel the suffering.

I'm drinking a tablespoon of honey, one of lemon and some sugar dissolved in hot water three times a day and it's helping. The honey helps soothe sore throats, the lemon helps shift mucus from the chest and the sugar makes it taste better. Lol. Only been drinking it a few days and already feel much better.

I feel your pain. I got this awful cold I have on the day I found out I was pregnant. I haven't been to my doctor yet so I'm not sure what's safe and what isn't. I know most things aren't so I've just been sticking it out and drinking lots of OJ for the vitamin C. It'll pass eventually, but combined with the morning sickness that actually lasts all day it's a lot to take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->