What do you think of Damien?

honestly I never thought of it as evil until reading this post...I know a few people with that name and didnt think anything of it. I like the name and would have considered it if I had thought of it!

eeyore007 i did some further research into the name, as i really do love it, and have actually brought husband round to considering it if this baby is a boy...but damiens origins are actually founded with saints (st damien is the patron saint of physicians). There was also a father damien, a missionary whom died helping many lepers. It has beautiful origins and it means, to tame or subdue.

Now i can understand not calling your child say...judas, but if you like the name i really wouldnt let a fictional film character put you off it :D

Thank you everyone, and thank you also for the reference to only fools and horses - hadn't even considered that!

If it's a boy - it will certainly be called Damien. I can't help but like it and agree that not everyone will associate it with the film. Especially in another 20 years or so. He'll only have to cope with say 19 years of people doing the du du du tune near him!!

All we have to do is sort out a girls name now - just in case!!!

At primary school there was a boy who was called Damian. He was polish though, I think it is a popular name there.

aww good i am glad, i thought you really liked it from your original post. I actually had a lot of people trying to put me off the name mason for my son...saying it wouldbe linked to the free masons and he would never get a job in the west of scotland...good to see religious bigotry continues eh!

As you can see, i paid no heed...and i seriously do like damien...but what on earth would people say :O mason and damien :lol:

btw I actually never watched the Omen, I am good at not watching highly popular films xD.

I also like Mason . Like Mason eckhart from Mutant x show xD

:rofl:!

I was going to call him laithe, till someone told me it meant...agricultural cow shed :lol: jesuit name it was (even if personally i called him mason because most of the men in my family are stone masons!)

think its a great name!! have u thought about girl names?

x

I don't know the movie. I know a number of Damians/Damiens here and they are all very nice good lookin' guys. I say go for it. You are right that the kids won't know about the movie and even if they do, they might think he is cool :)

I actually love the name. It is beautiful, deep, dark and strong without being too complex. I would say definitely go for it!

I really like Damian. And I think the film won't be on anyones mind for long...
Or how about Dorian? Kind of in the same vein but no devil-associations at all. :D

i love that name thats what me and my oh was gna call our baby, if we was havin a boy but we r havin a girl

see i loved that name personally but then i saw the movie "The Omen"..lol kinda freaked me out and now i'd never use it. just me though :)

My eldest is called Damien. It's not done him any harm and it's a nice name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->