What do you think of my name?

etcetera

Reaction score
I want to name the baby if it's a girl Cadence Elle, but my boyfriend doesn't like it, he said it sounds like a drum cadence...lol.

He likes Kristen Rayne. I don't like it because his closest friend that's a girl's name is Kristen.

Which one?

I like Kristen Rayne best but they're both nice. I understand why you wouldn't want to call her that though! x

I love Cadence but not so sure about Elle. Maybe a compromise of Cadence Rayne. Kristen is a name I associate with our generation not babies today.

I LOVE Cadence Elle!!!! That is so pretty! :thumbup:

However, I will say that I have read your other post about him feeling that you will not let him be a dad so maybe you guys can some to a compromise on this one. I would definitely stick to your guns about not using the name of his friend but if you find a happy medium on a name you can both agree on, it may make life easier for you in the long run.

:hugs:

How about Kirsten? Or Kerstin? Or Christina? I wouldn't want to name the baby after someone that's in mine or OHs life a lot either. But maybe if you could find something similar it would make him feel like you value his opinion without using a name you don't want.

I love love Cadence that was my girl name of choice but Im getting another precious boy so wont get to use it but I love it :) I wouldnt name my child someones name in my life either unless it was family and personally would kinda wonder why he would want to...

I love Cadence but not so sure about Elle. Maybe a compromise of Cadence Rayne. Kristen is a name I associate with our generation not babies today.

agreed
Not sure why but Elle just doesn't fit here. I think its the ending C/S sound with a vowel middle name that sounds off.
And I was thinking the same thing; Comprimise with Cadence Rayne.

Cadence Elle flows a bit like "Caden sell" because of the two e's together after the soft c sound. It's difficult and doesn't flow quite right

Cadence is a noun, referring to sequence of notes which indicates the end of a musical phrase. In 2002 it started appearning as a name trend, though it is not technically a traditional name. I would suggest Caroline or Cassandra instead. Also, Cadence Elle smushes together to create the sound "cadencelle". If you're dead set on Cadence I would suggest a new middle name. How about Cadence Amelia or Cadence Olivia?

I understand that you don't want to use Kristen because of the familiarity. I would feel the same way. How about Christina Rayne or Kirsten Rayne as alternatives?

It may be best to just start from scratch and find a name that you BOTH love!

But if that's not an option, how about....Elle Kristen?

That way, you both get a name that you love, it flows great, and Kristen is in the middle name spot so you don't have to worry about your friend.

I want to name the baby if it's a girl Cadence Elle, but my boyfriend doesn't like it, he said it sounds like a drum cadence...lol.

He likes Kristen Rayne. I don't like it because his closest friend that's a girl's name is Kristen.

Which one?
Name the baby just Rayne. I think it is the best of all!

I personally don't like cadence or rayne, I much prefer kirsten but fully understand why you wouldnt want it & i wouldn't either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->