What do you think of my name?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by etcetera, Aug 23, 2009.

1. etcetera

etcetera Well-Known Member

I want to name the baby if it's a girl Cadence Elle, but my boyfriend doesn't like it, he said it sounds like a drum cadence...lol.

He likes Kristen Rayne. I don't like it because his closest friend that's a girl's name is Kristen.

Which one?

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

I like Kristen Rayne best but they're both nice. I understand why you wouldn't want to call her that though! x

3. Gunner's Mama

Gunner's Mama Mom of 2

I love Cadence but not so sure about Elle. Maybe a compromise of Cadence Rayne. Kristen is a name I associate with our generation not babies today.

4. genkigemini

genkigemini Jack-Jack's Mommy

I LOVE Cadence Elle!!!! That is so pretty! :thumbup:

However, I will say that I have read your other post about him feeling that you will not let him be a dad so maybe you guys can some to a compromise on this one. I would definitely stick to your guns about not using the name of his friend but if you find a happy medium on a name you can both agree on, it may make life easier for you in the long run.

:hugs:

5. Amygdala

Amygdala Well-Known Member

How about Kirsten? Or Kerstin? Or Christina? I wouldn't want to name the baby after someone that's in mine or OHs life a lot either. But maybe if you could find something similar it would make him feel like you value his opinion without using a name you don't want.

6. sarah1989

sarah1989 Well-Known Member

Kaydence Rayne, I think is very pretty :)

7. letia659

letia659 mom to Jacob and Zander!

I love love Cadence that was my girl name of choice but Im getting another precious boy so wont get to use it but I love it :) I wouldnt name my child someones name in my life either unless it was family and personally would kinda wonder why he would want to...

8. NGRidley

NGRidley Pregnant w #1 after MMC

agreed
    Not sure why but Elle just doesn't fit here. I think its the ending C/S sound with a vowel middle name that sounds off.
    And I was thinking the same thing; Comprimise with Cadence Rayne.

9. Shelby2007

Shelby2007 Khyler Rae born 1/26/10

10. Ilove

Ilove Guest

Cadence Elle flows a bit like "Caden sell" because of the two e's together after the soft c sound. It's difficult and doesn't flow quite right

11. Stollhofen

Stollhofen Simply a Teenager

Cadence is a noun, referring to sequence of notes which indicates the end of a musical phrase. In 2002 it started appearning as a name trend, though it is not technically a traditional name. I would suggest Caroline or Cassandra instead. Also, Cadence Elle smushes together to create the sound "cadencelle". If you're dead set on Cadence I would suggest a new middle name. How about Cadence Amelia or Cadence Olivia?

I understand that you don't want to use Kristen because of the familiarity. I would feel the same way. How about Christina Rayne or Kirsten Rayne as alternatives?

12. CareBear7

CareBear7 Member

13. ~Roo~

~Roo~ Mother of a baby angel

It may be best to just start from scratch and find a name that you BOTH love!

But if that's not an option, how about....Elle Kristen?

That way, you both get a name that you love, it flows great, and Kristen is in the middle name spot so you don't have to worry about your friend.

14. olla86

olla86 Member

Name the baby just Rayne. I think it is the best of all!

15. psychnut09

psychnut09 Growing a Rainbow Cinny

I like Caydence Rayne

16. angeljewel

angeljewel Expecting #2

I'm loving Cadence Rayne too x

17. DizzyMoo

DizzyMoo Guest

I personally don't like cadence or rayne, I much prefer kirsten but fully understand why you wouldnt want it & i wouldn't either.