What do you think of the name "Hunter"

Lilybelle

pregnant with no.2
Reaction score
My husband and MIL have their hearts set on the name but im not too sure about it. Might grow on me you never know

If you're not keen on then don't use it, it should be a name you and your OH agree on, not what your MIL likes!

I personally don't like it. I just think of somebody hunting!

Forgot to mention that our surname is Henderson. So it might be Hunter Henderson :/

If you're not keen on then don't use it, it should be a name you and your OH agree on, not what your MIL likes!

I personally don't like it. I just think of somebody hunting!

Agreed and I have a feeling that the kids would bully him when he's at school x

I like it and where i would agree with pp if it was just the mother in law wanting it but if its the father as well you have to take it into account, is there a reason why they love it?

you could do what I did, we split the naming of our son, I picked 1 name - his dad picked the other

my son is called Cain (his dads choice) Jake (my choice) but goes by his middle name Jake (its a family tradition to go by the middle name)

I'm not overly keen, sorry, it reminds me of the gladiators!

If you're not fussed dont have it, the name should be something you love not one that will grow on you

Xx

I personally LOVE Hunter, and found that it is incredibly popular, at least where I used to live (Long Island, NY). I used to babysit for a girl named Hunter... not a fan on a girl, but love it for a boy.

I REALLY love Hunter Alexander, and hope to use this name one day...

I love the name, unfortunately I hate hunting and I have issues with killing animals unless absolutely necessary (I'm also vegan), so the name is out for me. lol

But if it wasn't for the whole being associated with animal killing thing, I'd love it!

Its a nice name :) it is a very popular name in america and canada

I LOVE the name hunter but I'm not sure it Flows very well with your last name :( sorry x

I love it. I'm a huge fan of American names. But like pp posted. If you don't like it much now I don't think it will grow on you enough for you to pick it?

I like it just fine, but if you don't love it you shouldn't use it.

Always kind of liked Orion as a less-common substitute for Hunter. Same meaning.

I think it's a really nice name, but a) it doesn't flow well with your last name and b) you're not fond of it. You should love your child's name, imo! That's one thing I'm not willing to compromise on!

I think it's awful sorry. In UK at least I think it's likely to cause trouble for the poor boy at school. It sounds silly and I can't see grown man getting a job interview as a lawyer etc with a name like Hunter it sounds chavvy. I'd compromise by having it as a middle name. But if you don't like it then please don't use it!!!

I think it's awful sorry. In UK at least I think it's likely to cause trouble for the poor boy at school. It sounds silly and I can't see grown man getting a job interview as a lawyer etc with a name like Hunter it sounds chavvy. I'd compromise by having it as a middle name. But if you don't like it then please don't use it!!!

I've actually heard the name Hunter quite a few times in my life. I guess it must not be all that common in the UK, but it's definitely not a rarity here in the USA, based on my own experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->