What do you think of the name Imogen?

Kiram

Reaction score
Pronounced im-o-jen. Alternatively spelled Emogen. Immy/Emmy for short. My hubs and I love this name for a daughter, but I worry that it's too obscure and our daughter would grow up loathing it.

I really like uncommon names, but I don't really want a name that's so uncommon everyone raises a brow when they hear it, or that my daughter would have to prepare for weird comments anytime she introduces herself. What do you think?

I love Imogen. I don't think it's too obscure, it's a pretty well-established name just not super common. I also love the Shakespeare connection.

I love Imogen! I don't think it's an uncommon name in that sense, I think most people have heard the name before so they wouldn't raise an eyebrow at it.

I love it, it's become very popular here over the last couple of years. Was originally my top choice but my best friend beat me to it! (she didn't know)

Imogen is pretty popular here, I know three babies Called Imogen born recently. I love it though!

It's very pretty :). I'm in the UK and know Imogen's from a range of different generations, but it seems to have had a popularity surge in recent years as there are a few at school/playgroup.

It's not to my personal taste but it's not an obscure name where I'm from :) if you like it then you should defo go for it!

Was my top pick but DH said no because it's too common! I think it's about 50 in the top 100, not at all obscure, think most people would know it. It's from Shakespeare so it's been around a while. Still a bit sad I'm not getting to use it! X

I love it! It reminds me of Imogen Heap, and I love her :)

My one year old neice is Imogen and I love the name. In fact, it was on my list (albeit pretty low down) when I was thinking of names before I got pregnant with my son. She also gets called Immy quite a bit. I don't think it's obscure at all, just not overly common.

It's cute! I live in the US and we don't hear it too often over here. I'd love to meet one!

I love it and it was on my shortlist but my husband has said no. (He stinks.) It's not at all common in the Pacific Northwest. I think first of the cute kid's book Imogene's Antlers.

Always thought it was a classy name. Even a hint of fashion and modeling to it.

I really like Imogen and "Immy" is a lovely nickname. Although I wouldn't call it a popular name, it's not that obscure. If you both love it, got for it! Who cares what any one else thinks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->