What do you think of the name...

JessdueJan

Reaction score
Xavier

The OH is set on this being our little monkey's name. I prefer Lucas which was his choice to start with but now he has changed his mind and I love it :dohh:
I really didn't see our little blue monkey as an Xavier at first but now it has grown on me and I actually don't mind it. Only problem is when mentioned to people who ask if we have thought of any names they pull disgusted faces...we are quite young (I am 19 & OH is 20) and our friends look at us like we are strange when we mention Xavier. Yes I agree it is different as in it isn't common but maybe he wouldn't have a class full of boys with the same name as him when he started school so this could work in his favour

Opinions either way would be much appreciated ladies :flower:

xx

Already posted this in 2nd Tri but thought I'd add here too for a few more opinions hope you don't mind :)

I love that name! It was on my list of boys names before i found out i was on team pink.
It's unusal so thats why i think people don't really give it a chance. I'm like you i really dont want my LO to be in a class and be one of 5 Daisys, Evies etc.....(even though i LOVE those names!)
I say go for it
x

Xavier is a perfectly usable name! It's quite handsome and has a fresh, "cool" sound.

Personally, I don't like the name Lucas, though I do love the cleaner Luke, so I would rather see you use Xavier.

Any middle name ideas yet?

Pronounced "zav-ee-er"-Yes, I like it

Pronounced "ex-av-ee-er"-NO NO NO, hate it. Pronouncing one letter in the name like that is just wrong, it doesn't sit right. The x is supposed to make a z sound, like Xander (zander) Saying it EX makes me think of ex partners, extra terrestrial, x factor and just the letter (eks) doesn't sound nice

Just what I reckon. I do like Xavier pronounced the way it usually is though

^^ exactly what she said :)

I agree 100% , Love Xavier providing its pronounced with a 'z' not 'x' :)

i like it but agree it sounds better z than ex:)

Im not keen on the name Xavier but love the name Lucas of course :) and I do agree on the way its pronounced with the Z sounds much better...

thats a pretty common name where im from maybe you could use lucus as the first name and xavier as the middle name..... i dont hear lucus to much and it flows

i love both names =)

why dont you decide once you see your little man, its always best to have more then one option incase the name really dosnt suit him!

I like Xavier Alexander those names goes well together...

Thanx for the response ladies...much appreciated :)
Yep it was just with the Z at the beginning I like it so thats ok :D
xx

love it and i think it would sound nice with lucas as a middle name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"