• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What do you think of these names?

Lashes85

Mommy to FOUR boys <3
Reaction score
Hi girls,

Would like some honest opinions on these names please. Which is your favourite? If any xx

Darcie Rose
Dottie Rose
Effy Rose

Our Boys are called Harry, Alfie, Charlie & Vinnie. Do any of the above go? Xx

I love Dottie, its my very first choice but others are really trying to put me off it :( xx

I love Darcie not keen on Dottie though. I Think its cute as a nickname x

Darcie... the others are very nickname-y nicknames if that makes sense

Thanks girls :)

Dottie would be short for Dorothy & Effy short for Elizabeth. If that makes a difference lol

I love Darcie but it would be my 3rd choice of the 3 names. Xx

I love Dorothy, it was one of my choices if bump had been pink!

Effy is cute but not a fan of the name Elizabeth.

Darcie/Darcy is my least favorite.

Let us know what you decide!

X

I would go with Dottie personally! I'm from the us and the name Effy wouldn't fly here.."eff" is a shortened term for the "f bomb" ..maybe that's something to think about..she could be a high profile international Business women someday :)

I've Always liked the name Dottie!

Edited: I love Elizabeth! Effy is a cute nickname for it! I may be partial as Elizabeth is my middle name :) I'm personally not a fan of Darcie but I do think it fits in best with your boys names!

Effy seems like an odd nn for Elizabeth? I know Lisa, Liz, Libby
I also read Effy, like F you--that phrase? I'm in the US though so it might be totally different. I'm not trying to offend--just emphasizing that Darcy is probably the better choice. I also think it goes better with your boy names, which are too cute!!!

Thanks girls,

Effy is a name we heard from a tv program 'Skins'. Im assuming its short for Elizabeth? Im not actually a fan of Elizabeth either, but she would need a full name as I can already imagine people saying 'Oh what's Effy short for?' That's what's putting me off this name slightly, but this is OHs favorite.

I love Darcie/Darcy, but OH thinks its a boys name and his only heard of boys called it :/
I never have but im not sure if its a unisex name?

Dorothy/Dottie is my absolute favourite. But everyone I know hates it, including OH and really try to put me off it :(

I've waited so long to name my own little girl, never ever thought it would be so difficult lol.

Darcy is becoming more and more common if that bothers you

I adore Dottie it is perfect! And I love your boys names but think I've told you that before <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"