What do you think of this name? Can you get a guy's opinion too lol?!

men are odd lol

mine vetoed Joliet (Joel) as being to feminine and gay but then wanted to use Jewels/Jules/Jools (yes the name of the girl parrot in rio) for a boy

I think of charmed too and the lion but I think Lee and Liam are more chavvy than Leo

also just to interject gay originally means happy lol its not always negative word

I personally think children will hear miscontext in their life regardless of who says it so as long as you teach them the right attitude then who cares, words are just words and have a constant changing meaning as attitudes change

for instance its common to call a child a little tinker now a days but its a racist term, most people just dont know it is anymore because it rarely used in a deragory context

Thanks for all the input ladies!! Regarding DH referring to the name as being 'gay' - he didn't say that around any children, just to clarify! He's definitely not the most political correct of people but there was noone for him to offend (except for me over my name choice!)

We didn't go for Leo in the end anyway!!

I don't mind it and wouldn't think twice of it if I met someone with the name, but with that being said, I've never met anyone but a pet with the name Leo.

:)

What did you go for!?

I got Leo and theo vetoed when I was throwing names at dh!

Boys names are tough.

I love Ellis. Also one that hubby vetoed :-( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"