What do you think of this plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AutumnRose

Since OH lives in America, he would get a full time job over there and visit whenever he could get time off.
When baby is here and im on mat leave he will pay all of the mortgage/rent
and i will pay the bills and baby stuff.
Then once my mat leave runs out, i will go to work part time and he would still pay the mortgage/rent.
Do you think this is a good plan?
Also, would i be classed as single since he lives in another country?

Currency fluctuations could make it a very unstable plan.

I think that sounds like a plan, not sure on whether you would be classed as single in terms of claiming child tax credits etc but i suppose he does live in another country and the money he pays once a month for rent/mortgage could be child maintanence plus he's paying rent/mortgage for his own home so i don't see why you couldn't classed as a single parent financially if you know what i mean x

Quite honestly, I seriously think that you should wait on TTCing until you are both in the same country. I can't see how this plan will work.

HHHMMMM a hard situation hun.
I thought you and OH wanted to live together?

HHHMMMM a hard situation hun.
I thought you and OH wanted to live together?

I thought they were going to live together next December.

I have a question, have both of you actually met in person? If so, how many times?

it is such a hard situation honey, and i can not imagine how hard it is for you, but i do agree you should probably live together, at least in the same country before ttc. having a baby is tough in any circumstance, so i wouldn't want to put added pressure on you. of course it will always be your decision but it is something to think about :hugs: x

would it be a long term thing? have you thought how that could affect a child?
obviously you're very broody as we can all understand but are you sure you want to have 'his' children? i have always been broody but for me having a child is dependent on the partner and i really want to have babies specifically with my OH iykwim.
lots to think about :)

Do you not want to spend time together as a couple before having a baby ? I know you are a couple and know him well but its also about physically experiencing things together like visiting places and meals together etc etc - all hard to do when a baby comes. So as the others say would be a good idea to live together before TTC.

Have you looked into all the legal aspects of what nationality the baby will be and what you need to be able to live together ?

I know its something you really really want to do but I think it needs more looking into both legally and financially to see what is the best plan. And if it is going to take him 8 months before he comes to meet you for the first time can you be confident he can and will be able to visit on a regular basis if you have a baby ?

I have lots of questions:

Supposing you have already thought about if he is "the ONE" and you both have the same plans for sure and will keep up with your part of the plan. Then:

Are you planning on living together at some point and if so when?
Will OH earn enough as to be able to not only be paying for rent but also be paying for food/doctors if necessary?
Are you aware that in the worst case you might have to bring your child up on your own?
Do you have help (family/friends).
Considering family and friends are closer to you than us, what do they think?

I am a single child, I would have liked to have my father but unfortuately he died when I was 3 months old. That led to my mum bringing me up on her own and she did a fantastic job! I learnt to be responsible and outgoing, values that make the person I am now and I wouldn't have been the same without that. With this I am trying to say that both parents is the ideal, but a child brought up by a single parent can be just as successfull in life as any other child and just as loved too. Also we have no family whatsoever here in Tenerife, but she still made it to work and have me in control and well at all times.

I will be working half time when pg, just like now, because that's the contract I was offered and I will enjoy it as I will get lot's of time with LO and will only have to find someone to take care while at work. Hopefully my mum. We don't get much income but we will make sure we can pay for all the basics when TTC.

Here in Spain, I think your situation counts as single parent as a friend of mine just had a baby and is getting state money for her baby while living together with OH. They're not married and that's why it's coming through.

Will look forward to your answers, ;). xxxxx

In the UK you don;t need to be married to be a partner just to live together which the gov check by looking at what names are on the bills etc. But you can cheat the system and pretend they don't live with you. But not sure what would happen if they were in another country and you never lived together before

https://www.babyandbump.com/waiting-to-try/129587-cannot-wait-til-dec.html

I'm interested in the answer to one someone asked and thats ...I thought you were planning on being together fulltime because your ppartner was moving here.

This imo is a very DODGY situation.

I can't see how it would work either hun, my husband is away more then he is here, and its extremly hard, and it will only get harder once you have a baby

Just wondered hun how long with OH be here in December?

hope it works out the way you want..does seem a bit fast moving though but each to their own.

I know, but i have social phobia and its the only way i feel comfortable with meeting someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"