What do you think??? please I need to know

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Okay girls this may take a while but I need to know what you think, I wasnt going to post but then I thought well I trust you girls to tell me the truth even if you totally disagree with me, so please tell me honestly what you think, here goes,
The other day my friend came for lunch, she brought a friend with her (I dont know this girl and have never met her before), it was about 12pm so we decided to have coffee first, so I made the coffee and brought it through, now my house is open plan so I have my main room divided for Decs sake and my TV'S !!! lol so anyway I took the coffee through and closed the little gate behind me, then it was like she (my friends friend) took a freak attack!!!!! she was like are you not going to bring the child in with you?? Now between 12-1pm every day Dec has alone time, where he plays by himself and learns to entertain himself, I explained this to her and she thought I was mad, she said a child needs to be with someone all the time and I was being NASTY by leaving him by himself!!!!:cry: I actually did cry when they left she really upset me, I love my kids more than life its self and wouldnt want to do anything to either of them that other people would see as NASTY.
What I want to know is do any of you girls let you babies have time alone?? now I feel like I am a bad mother:cry: Dec loves HIS ALONE time because he loves doing his on little thing, and I mean he is in the same room it is just divided with a SEE-THROUGH room divider so he is never really left ALONE!!!
Please give me your honest opinion. If you think I am NASTY please do tell me.
Sorry it took so long but I wanted to tell the whole story xx

She sounds like a complete cow and has no right to judge you. Ignore her. If your happy and your LO is happy with the alone time then that's fine. You aren't being nasty, it's good that he is begining to have a little independence and won't constantly cling to you all the time.

I would of slapped the Bitch.

Your not being nasty what so ever, in the mornings i let kacy play down stairs or play up in her room while i get ready, i also put kira in her cot to play. it does them good to play on them own to learn to entairn themselfs.

DOes the women have any KIDS of her own???

I certainly don't think you are a bad mother. Dylan is only half Dec's age and I leave him to play with his toys for up to 30 mins a day. He is happy, I'm in the same room if anything happens and I think its good for the babies to learn how to entertain themselves.

What a horrid girl! I'd take no notice. I bet she hasn't got kids - they are the quickest to judge!

Sounds like you are doing a great job with Declan. :thumbup:

No way are you being nasty I would have decked her! It is a great idea I just wish my living room was open plan like yours as it sounds ideal!!

:hugs: Sorry the cow upset you!

Who the hell is she to make comments like that to someone that she just met and how dare she disrespect you in your own house!!! I would have drop kicked her out the door!! You're doing the right thing by creating a very secure child that can do things on his own and doesnt need to hang on his parents 24/7. What a fokkin cow!

She's an idiot!!!! Kids need alone time. I leave Josh alone too (I always check on him) for about 30 minutes a day. He plays in his room on his mat and I switch him to his tummy mat, bumbo etc. He LOVES it!

Sabby, you are so right to give Dec alone time. You are a great mum and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

I would really have had words with this lady - to begin with it really wasn't her place to say anything. And secondly, she was talking out of her arse.

Please don't take it to heart! the weekend is here - go and treat yourself!

Big :hug: for you!

Oh girls you are great I feel so much better, I thought it was good to have alone time but I wasnt sure, I never done it with Dan and he was a leech!!! lol he would never leave my side. I am so glad you all agree with me I totally trust and respect your views.
She does have kids she has a 3 year old (who wont be attending nursery) and a 12 month old who is always in a sling worn by her, she said because she is a full-time mum that means having her kids with her 24/7 !!!!!
I have told my friend I never want her in my house again.

Thankyou so much :happydance: I am happy again

ur right hun babies need time alone :hugs:

i would have bitch slapped her what A cow x

We all have a right to parent as we choose, but for her to put her unsolicited opinion on you is unfair, and considering her tone on top of it- quite rude!

I think you're a great mom, and you're right to tell your friend to leave her home.

:hug:

i think every child needs time to play by themselves. its not like you left him alone in the house and went to the store!

It's important they have alone time.. also for you to have some time for yourself.
Ignore the silly cow.

Keep doing what you're doing. He's obviously content with his routine.

totally agree with everyone. both callum and nicole have/had alone time and they love it. nicole will happily play by herself and is really independant, always has been.

there your kids at the end of the day and its up to you what you do with them.

She was way out of order to say that to you. Giving kids alone time is great for them! My kids love it ! They cant always be around you and its great he enjoys it cos it gives you some time for you!
Dont be upset ! You have done nothing wrong :hugs:

:grr: you were totally in the right hun, my children have all had alone time otherwise you'd never get any housework done :dohh:

Did you know this other friend was coming? I would have really been cross with my friend too because you shouldnt have been lumbered with someone you didnt know whether you knew she was coming or not!

I would have seriously gave her a huge piece of my mind, the total cow! :trouble:

:hugs:

What a bitch!! Whether her way of bringing up her children are completely different from yours, she has NO right what so ever to tell u how to bring up your kids!!

Just wanted to echo what everyone else has said. I think she was WAYYYY out of line to say that, and I am of the opinion that yes kids to need to some alone time. :hugs:

You are teaching your child to be independent. Let me guess...this visitor probably does not even have children of their own?
You are doing a great job.Dont worry about other people and their uninformed opinions. I think it is quite rude of her to talk to you like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->