what do you think to our name?

musicjunkiee

Reaction score
were having a little boy and are thinking Tommy. we have thought of others but always end up back with tommy.

we wanted something thats not too strange without it being a name that is gonna be the same of half the class at school x

love Tommy but I would go for something more adult on the birth certificate (Tom, Tomas/Thomas, Tomos, Tomlin, Tomlinson, Tomson etc...) and then shorten it to Tommy

Although not to everyone's taste, my personal preference is for a traditional "formal name" on the birth certificate even if a "pet name" is used most of the time. My DD is Francesca but is known to most people as Frankie. I just feel that it gives the child options when they get older as to what they want to be referred to as. I think Tommy for a baby or a child is really cute but I am not convinced of it's use for a professional adult. So personally I would prefer Thomas, nn Tommy.

Having said I appreciate the fact that you want something different to the traditional without the name being too unusual. So for that purpose I think it fits the bill and if you love it go for it! x

I think tommy is cute when he's older he will probably be nn Tom x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->