what do you think?

weewdy

Reaction score
Me and my oh are both 30 this year only a month between us.

Bit of background, we have been best friends since age of 11 and been in a relationship for the last 10 years, engaged for 5years. I am happy being engaged and dont want married anytime soon. I have lost a bit of weight and now my engagement ring is too large and i am scared i lose it so i dont wear it.

I wanted to get my oh a ring for his birthday, he likes the tribal/celtic design ones. Anyway i was looking last night and seen wedding bands rings (his and hers) and really liked them. Would it be daft for us to wear a wedding band style ring when we are not married? Do you think the matching ring idea is a daft idea?

I don't think it's daft, just as long as they're not worn on the wedding finger then it's quite a sweet idea. X

I don't think it's daft and am going to disagree with pp - if you want to wear them on any fingers you like then that's fine too! You can do whatever you like! Wear them any way you want to.

If you want to wear them on your wedding ring finger, when you do get married you could swap them around or buy another ring which you can wear next to it.

Sounds like a nice gift for a special birthday and anniversary :)

Thanks ladies, think i will buy them because i was going to get my engagement ring resized and the amount that would cost i would be aswell buying a set. It will mark our special birthday aswell.

Personally i wouldn't because i think it would detract from the specialness of your actual wedding ring when you do eventually get married and it might be like "oh a wedding ring? Pfft already got one" sort of thing :haha:

If you are both happy with the idea then thats what matters :thumbup: xx

I agree with the pp and personally wouldn't like the idea but you should do whatever you want to! It's not up to anyone else.

I think it's sweet- rings are symbol of your commitment... so why not?

I actually got my hubby a new wedding band for our Anniversary last year (5yrs married)- the ring we got him initially was nice, but on the less expensive side. And he LOVES the new one I got him ;) It's beautiful with a classic celtic design.

I think it's sweet and a lovely gift to mark a special anniversary, as long as you don't think it will take the excitement away from when you get a wedding ring one day :thumbup:

I agree it might make your wedding rings feel a bit less special... But like the idea of something matching to make the occasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->