What do you think?

kfarb

Reaction score
I can't explain why the birth experience is important...I mean I can't put it into words. I really want a natural birth, but may end up being induced and I know will probably lead to more interventions. :nope: But people here don't understand what I'm upset about. I get a baby in the end. And I'm happy about that of course. My birth plan was to do it naturally, be able to labor in different positions and walk around, try different positions when I'm pushing, I wanted skin to skin afterward...nothing crazy. But most of that won't be possible if I get induced. I want to be able to explain to people that while I'm super happy I'll get to meet my baby, I just wanted my birth experience to be how I wanted it.

Why are you being induced? There are a few ways to try and induce yourself naturally, some are proven to work better than others. I see your ticker says you are overdue(if it's current) but if it is that important to you I would try to arrange a homebirth even with as little time as there is left. If it's important to you then you don't have to explain it to others. How you feel about it is all that matters.

Why are you being induced? There are a few ways to try and induce yourself naturally, some are proven to work better than others. I see your ticker says you are overdue(if it's current) but if it is that important to you I would try to arrange a homebirth even with as little time as there is left. If it's important to you then you don't have to explain it to others. How you feel about it is all that matters.

I'm being induced just because my doctor doesn't like people to go over a certain amount of weeks. I'm going to try and stall it as long as I can. Technically, by ovulation I'm not even due until today. But the due date the doctor is using it was 9/15. There is no way my husband would let me do a home birth though. And I've been doing all the induction methods I've been reading about on the internet.

I'm being induced just because my doctor doesn't like people to go over a certain amount of weeks. I'm going to try and stall it as long as I can. Technically, by ovulation I'm not even due until today. But the due date the doctor is using it was 9/15. There is no way my husband would let me do a home birth though. And I've been doing all the induction methods I've been reading about on the internet.

I definitly know how you're feeling :hugs: I was induced with my first for postdates... even though with both of them I was barely overdue at all! And I fully respect the use of inductions when they're indicated... but in my case I do not feel it was indicated... Yes, postdates is an indication for induction... But technically postdates refers to being beyond 42 weeks! Not 40!

Anyways, what I learned over the years is you can say no to induction for postdates! All they'll do is bitch at you and monitor baby more frequently with ultrasound (biophysical profiles) and occasionally with non-stress tests. But I do highly recommend you do your research regarding postdates. By doing that you can be apart of the process of making a well informed decision in determing when postdates becomes postdates in need of induction. Afterall it's your baby and your birth and there's absolutely nothing wrong at all with your valueing that experience as birth is probably one of the most momentous events you'll ever experience in your life!

Also, using your ovulation date to calculate due date is much more accurate then using LMP and even ultrasound in some occasions (Ultrasounds can be off as much as plus or minus 7 days and the accuracy of them decrease as gestation increases)... Yet another reason why there are so many unnecessary inductions in this world... and subsequent c-sections as a result of failed inductions.....

I definitly know how you're feeling :hugs: I was induced with my first for postdates... even though with both of them I was barely overdue at all! And I fully respect the use of inductions when they're indicated... but in my case I do not feel it was indicated... Yes, postdates is an indication for induction... But technically postdates refers to being beyond 42 weeks! Not 40!

Anyways, what I learned over the years is you can say no to induction for postdates! All they'll do is bitch at you and monitor baby more frequently with ultrasound (biophysical profiles) and occasionally with non-stress tests. But I do highly recommend you do your research regarding postdates. By doing that you can be apart of the process of making a well informed decision in determing when postdates becomes postdates in need of induction. Afterall it's your baby and your birth and there's absolutely nothing wrong at all with your valueing that experience as birth is probably one of the most momentous events you'll ever experience in your life!

Also, using your ovulation date to calculate due date is much more accurate then using LMP and even ultrasound in some occasions (Ultrasounds can be off as much as plus or minus 7 days and the accuracy of them decrease as gestation increases)... Yet another reason why there are so many unnecessary inductions in this world... and subsequent c-sections as a result of failed inductions.....

It's really hard for me to argue with doctors. That's my thing. I feel like I'll never know enough to stand my ground, or they'll know something I don't know. I just group up that doctors went to med school and they are right. Plus, I have my husband that goes to every appointment with me and is a big worrier. So it's hard for me to say no to doctors. I wish I'd known I wanted to do natural before I was recommended this OB. I would have made sure to find one that did it a lot and was comfortable with it.

I agree with Kandykinz, I would tell the Dr that unless it is necessary that you will not consider induction until 42wks. Mostly women just want to see their babies and get them out so they never expect moms to feel uncomfortable with an early induction. I would explain if the amniotic fluid levels are good, baby is still active, etc that you would like to give your body an extra week to go on your own. Good luck!! :hugs:

Doctors are people too. They aren't gods, and they aren't always right. Stand up for yourself and what YOU want. If they are a good doc, they will figure out how to get you want you want.

Woo hoo! They will let me wait until next Wednesday, 42 weeks! I have to keep getting monitored, of course. Except, every time I'm monitored on their machine at the drs office I end up getting sent all the way across town to Labor and Delivery to get double checked. Second time that's happened and it's the second time Labor and Delivery said he was completely fine.

Great news! I hope all goes well for you and that baby decides to show up on his own time frame!

Yay!!! I hope that baby comes on his own before the week is up so you can have the labor you want, good luck!!! :flower:

that's lovely news! Has the doctor done a stretch and sweep? Would you feel comfortable with a stretch and sweep! And if you can... have :sex: regularly! And nipple stimulation can also help!

that's lovely news! Has the doctor done a stretch and sweep? Would you feel comfortable with a stretch and sweep! And if you can... have :sex: regularly! And nipple stimulation can also help!

Yep, got my membranes stripped today-OUCH!

I know I should have sex, but...right now, that's the last thing I want to do! I have never felt less sexy! If he's not out by this weekend we probably will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->