What do you use to prevent stretch marks?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there was already such thread, but anyway.

What do you gals use to prevent stretch marks ? when did you start using it?
Anyone when through whole pregnancy without any stretch marks at all?
If you have stretch marks, when did they start appearing and where?

Ok that's a lot of questions, I know!! I'm now 26 weeks + 4 and I'm getting more and more worried about getting stretch marks. I have none at the moment and I've been using vaseline cocoa butter cream everyday all over my stomach and breast since I'm 8 weeks pregnant.

im not going to use anything, i already have stretch marks from my son and i used everything when i was pregnant with him!

i dont know if u get it in Canada but i use Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula i have stretch marks due to gaining weight and have found it defenetly fades them

I think we have it as I saw some commercials on tv, but I never been able to find it :(

grrr it really is the best i have used u need to find one with both cocoa butter and shea butter

im not going to use anything, i already have stretch marks from my son and i used everything when i was pregnant with him!

i was gonna say the same thing tezzy, when i was preggo with my first i used everything on the market for stretch marks from when i was 8 weeks till i had the baby but i still got them EVERYWHERE, i got them on my boobs, tummy, hips, bum, inner thighs and lower calfs, to be honest some people just have stretchier skin than others do it just depends on the person and also all these creams dont claim to stop them they claim to prevent them sometimes i think its just a money maker, but hey its worth a try.
this time round im using nothing i have so many from last time i couldnt get anymore if i tried and i havent got anymore and im having my baby on monday by c-section so i dont think any will pop up from now until then x x

Hi there i use bio oil which is meant to help prevent stretch marks and ive been using it since i was like 12 weeks, fingers crossed i have none yet. but im not being too optimistic as they nothing will prevent you getting stretchmarks if your gona get them you will but its worth i a try ent it!!!

i have been using palmers cocoa butter since i found out and i have none yet! fingers crossed it stays that way x

I used palmers cocoa butter. I started using it pretty much straight away so that i could try build up my skins elasticity ready for the stretching! I only used it on my tummy though....stupid me. Funilly enough i dont have one on my tummy...But i have LOADS on my bum, thighs and a few on my calves! Odd. lol. They appeared at about 34 weeks. I dont think any really work though. Just depensd on ur genes really in my opinion. Ask ur mum if she has them.x

Apparently if you're going to get stretch marks, youll get them anyway regardless of what you put on. Not sure how true that is, but Ive read it a few places.

Im lucky not to have any so far.. Ive never really had any though. Im using cocoa butter and bio oil twice a day to try and keep them away

xxx

i never got any with my 1st till after id had her :(

My stomach is like a road map of Britain-tried cocoa butter and bio oil religiously, but hey its inevitable :blush:

Im also using hair conditioner on my tummy when i get out the shower or bath as i heard thats meant to help. i think its all prob a load of rubbish but i feel like i have tried to prevent them by doing this haha.

I used palmers cocoa butter. I started using it pretty much straight away so that i could try build up my skins elasticity ready for the stretching! I only used it on my tummy though....stupid me. Funilly enough i dont have one on my tummy...But i have LOADS on my bum, thighs and a few on my calves! Odd. lol. They appeared at about 34 weeks. I dont think any really work though. Just depensd on ur genes really in my opinion. Ask ur mum if she has them.x

My mum had 5 children and didnt get one, when i had jack i got them everywhere :( a bit scared they will bleed when i get a bigger bump.

I used palmers cocoa butter throughout my first pregnancy and didnt get any stretchmarks at all. This time ive done the same and at 37 weeks so far so good, dont have any yet! Have also used bio oil a few times which is reallly good!

What do you gals use to prevent stretch marks ? when did you start using it?
I use the Palmers Cocoa Butter for Preventing and Reducing the appearance of stretch marks.
Anyone when through whole pregnancy without any stretch marks at all?
I haven't made it to the finish line yet, but I am prone to stretch marks. Currently I dont have any one my belly, but I have got some on my booty :blush:, in the same places I did when I got them during my teen years.
If you have stretch marks, when did they start appearing and where?
Like I said above, I have them on my bee-hind :hissy: I dont remember when I got them, I just noticed them about a month ago. :shrug:

I had them from 13 weeks hun. I now have them.. On my tum, back, boobs, bum, legs and arms. They're everywhere. I used bio oil and all the creams, from week 8. Nothing made um stop! :)

Thanks for all your replies girls !

I got that palmers cocoa butter formula (finally found it) hopefully it'll help!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->