What do you use your CB on?

KayBea

Mummy to Xanthia Lily
Reaction score
when u get ur Child Benifits what do they get spent on?
Milk, nappies etc?
clothes for bubs?
In babys saving account?
Or just into the household money for food shop, bills etc?

Am just wondering as was talking to OH lastnight, we get hers put into my bank ever 4 weeks..
Currently £20 a month of it goes into a savings account for her & £10 a month goes to one side to save for her carseat or anything else she may need ASAP.. the rest i use to stock up on wipes, nappies, milk etc.. He thinks the whole lot should go in her savings but have worked out our ins & out of money & it just wont be possible.. That money is sooo handy for stocking up. & incase
she needs something i.e she needs a new carseat or pushchair or something...

Sorry for random thread.
Xx

ours just goes into my bank account with his child tax credit.
it normally pays for the monthly shop which includes things jake will need for the month.

Ours just goes into the household pot with all other money and whatever we need gets taken out of it.

Coralie costs a lot more than that a month anyway :haha:

So far this month i've easily spent her CB on shoes, clothes, nappies, wipes and milk etc.

Mine just pays for stuff, depends how much is in the bank. The girls never go without anything so whatever it pays for keeps a roof over their head, food in their bellies and nice warm beds to sleep in. I just use my money as it comes in for whatever needs paying then.

It goes into the bank account and is used for whatever is needed.

No way could we afford to save it for them.

Emily's just goes straight into her savings account, i use ctc to buy her nappies etc

It stays where it is for savings for when hes 18

Shopping, bills.

Anything and everything.

V xx

It gets used for whatever is needed,Harvey still gets what he needs nappies,wipes etc.xx

it get used on whatever we need, usualy for the food shop and anything that they need, clothes, nappies, milk, just everything, they never go without

TBH, people shouldn't feel bad if they dont use CB for savings! Its not actually meant for savings anyway so dont feel bad, its not like a child misses out if not used on savings!
I just use it for whatever, I dont keep it separate x

If you can afford to live without it and are keeping it for savings then do you really need it ? So many people were in uproar when they said it would become means tested but how many actually rely on it as much as they say they do ?

If you can afford to live without it and are keeping it for savings then do you really need it ? So many people were in uproar when they said it would become means tested but how many actually rely on it as much as they say they do ?

i do wonder this too.

Whatever is needed. I don't use it for things I or my partner 'want' though. It's for necessities. It also goes in his savings too.

just gets sucked into the general house money lol .. TBH i think the CB needs scrapping... and a new system put in place for people who need that extra money, i know its the only benefit that everyone gets but i don't think it has a place anymore x

I mean its not as tho we have a population crisis on our hands x

Ours just goes into the household budget... once I am graduated and working it'll go into the kids accounts probably.

It goes into my bank account and gets spent on things like groceries each month.
This month it went on warmer clothes for the winter (long sleeved vests, snow suit, coat and cardigans/jumpers)

i honsetly think they need to get rid of cb and make it means tested or another way of giving it to people who need it not use it for savings. i wont even say my feelings on it but if you can save it you oviously dont need it and others do.

i cannot even begin to imagine how much money is wasted on this scheme every year! its unthinkable.. i'm sure there is a number just a few clicks away lol but i haven't looked :p haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->