What do you want out of life ...

Kiki1993

Reaction score
All I realy want from life is to travel a bit (just holidays with my OH and then in the future, my family), marry OH, and be a great wife and mother :blush: I also want to work with children which i'm studying for :thumbup:
So what do you all want from life? I am just curious really because when I tell other people my age, and sometimes older, they always say "thats not living" or you want to "get out there more" and things along the lines of its a wasted life and your only young once BLAHBLAH :dohh: It gets me angry that they try make me question what I want because its what I really want!
So anway what do you all want and anyone in the same boat as me, it's kinda lonely on here! :haha:

Really I just want to be a good wife and mother, and to have happy times as a family. Everything else can work around that :) - i'd like a decent job and to finish my degree, but really my ultimate goal is just to have a loving family.

I'm in the 'boring' boat with you :haha:

Life is about being happy. I want to be happy. I believe that what makes people happy evolves as we all evolve. Whether its evolving through age or experience we are constantly changing. Right now I want to finish my masters, finish remodeling my house, pay off my car, get a teaching contract for next year, be a good coach for my 7th grade girls' basketball team, and go back to St. John this summer for our 2 year anniversary. I also want to start expanding my family with my husband soon. I can't wait to be a mom. Being a mom does not limit your chance of experiencing things, it just closes some doors and opens multitudes of others that I'm excited about.

Don't let people tell you what living is because you are not living for them, you are living for you. Do what makes you happy.

What I want out of life
1. Be a good mum to my son
2. Work in care (hospital, elderly care etc)
3. become OHs wife
4. have another baby :)

Thanks for the replys, very helpful! See i can relate to people on this forum better than the people in my RL ifyswi? most people on ere kinda want the same things .. I always want to be happy but the things i want out of life are what i know will make me happy .... but it makes me feel more secure i guess when i know there are people who relate to me and vice versa :hugs:

Wow, good question...

I've just finished my nursing degree so right now I want to be a great nurse and give my best to my patients. This and being a mum is all I can think about right now. So broody.

I want to not worry about not being able to provide for my children. I want to give my family the best life possible and I want us all to be happy and enjoy life without having to stress about everything.
I want us to all look forward to eating dinner together every night and sharing the details of our day together.
:flower:

Ditto all of what gflady said! I started my first nursing job in September, so that's all I'm thinking about at the moment. :) (Plus TTC next year).

However, when we're (hopefully) a bit better off, and after we've had children, I'd love to see the world. I want to go to Thailand, Japan, Australia, etc etc. And that's all quite ambitious, considering I'm scared of flying. :p

I want to enjoy every moment of my life, I know its a cliche but sieze the day. I've always liked the phrase 'open all the boxes'. :)

Its so easy to get caught up in the day to day stresses and strains and I want to try have a more positve outlook and approach to life. I want to be loving and giving and motivated!

1. Most importantly, to have 2-3 kids.
2. Own a house.
3. Be engaged then married.

I'd like to be a SAHM if we can afford it and I'd like to camp all over the place with our kids. No big ambitions really, I just want the picket fence life.

Well, for me I'd like to get back to a healthy weight. Haven't been there since I was about 19. I'm now 38. I'd also like to have one more baby and then get a job to get a pension. I would also like to see all my kids grow-up and have kids of their own. I would also like to see advancements in the medical field to help my special needs 15 year old son.

One more thing I'd like to grow old with my dh whom I have loved since the day we went to McDonald's together!

i want to travel with OH, (going to europe with my mum for my birthday but would love to go with OH)
I want to move to australia for the lifestyle there
want to become high up in my career to get the big bucks!
want to have children
and build our own home.
want to loose weight and get back to what I was when I was 17 (haha if only 8kgs to go)
I just want everything lol, and I wont stop till i get it all

I want to serve God.
I want to be a wife that supports my husband and helps him achieve all his dreams.
I want to be a great mom and raise children that choose to serve God all the days of their lives.
I want to be able to travel to every state in the US.
I want to be able to create a nice, inviting home.
I want to have good, close friends to grow old with.

Before Summer I led such a busy life and now I am at a place where everything just feels right. The only thing I want from life atm is a family holiday to florida lol

Everyone tells me I need to play the field a bit more as a young person, but like you hun, I don't feel I want or need to. I love my fiance more than anything and do hope to marry him and be a good wife to him in the future.

Anyway, I want many normal things out of life. I want my mental state to get much much better and not be so unreliable, I want to get married to my other half, and perhaps go on a few holidays with him, and other holidays with family, and trips and such. I do want to party a bit, nothing too fancy, but I do want to go out as an attached woman and have fun with my girls, which I have done a bit recently. I of course, want children very much so, but like many here am waiting for a better time to start TTC/or NTNP.

I also want a nice car, my own house, a decent job and a cat and a dog too, when I do end up living with my other half. :)

So many people want similar things to me on this, just cant wait till i get them :happydance: And if i hear one more person tell me i'm too young to settle down i WILL Decapitate them! It's nice to see what everyone wants here, kind off like goals to set which we will all achieve! :thumbup:

Everyone tells me I need to play the field a bit more as a young person, but like you hun, I don't feel I want or need to. I love my fiance more than anything and do hope to marry him and be a good wife to him in the future.

Anyway, I want many normal things out of life. I want my mental state to get much much better and not be so unreliable, I want to get married to my other half, and perhaps go on a few holidays with him, and other holidays with family, and trips and such. I do want to party a bit, nothing too fancy, but I do want to go out as an attached woman and have fun with my girls, which I have done a bit recently. I of course, want children very much so, but like many here am waiting for a better time to start TTC/or NTNP.

I also want a nice car, my own house, a decent job and a cat and a dog too, when I do end up living with my other half. :)

Your exactly in my boat then! :hugs: It will get easier i'm sure, just need to learn to ignore people when they try drag you down to their misery :hugs:

My OH made me a check-list lol, it says:

"*Angel*'s Shopping List of Life:
Cat (tick)
Wedding ◘
House ◘
Baby ◘"

Lol! Aw we have a cat and a dog but the cat bullies the dog :( :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads