What do you want to achieve before you TTC??

TinyBoots

Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot lately about my life, and how much my OH isn't ready yet to start trying for a baby... It's made me concentrate on myself more, so I sat down and thought of all the things I WANT to achieve before I even think about trying for a child... Would be interesting to see everyone elses too :D

1/ Get a new job <-- Completed this one as of yesterday!!
2/ Settle in new job for at least a year.
3/ Get my full drivers licence.
4/ Find a house to rent that I really really like and could see myself living in.
5/ Earn my first ever payrise <-- Not a necessity, but my god I want this!

What about yours?

We are TTC in April and things I have planned for this year include:

- Learning to drive
- I don't work but want to get a job asap as all the money from my income will go directly into savings
- Go on holiday before April

I don't think I have anything else specific I want to do - except probably Go Karting and some aerial assault courses for my birthday in March haha! Extreme activities!

Ooooh! Buttercup! Assault course?! Do you love extreme things? :D I've always wanted to do a bungee jump or a sky dive! Far too chicken though haha x

I'd like to lose another 3 stone (just weighed myself and have lost a stone since boxing day! woohooo :wohoo: :headspin:) lol and I'd like to to have a little chunk of savings ready to go.

I can't decide if I want to get promoted before or after a baby - I'd rather not have this fantastic new job and then take nearly a year out.... but then I don't know if having a lil monkey would affect my drive or ability to get promoted....

Ooooh! Buttercup! Assault course?! Do you love extreme things? :D I've always wanted to do a bungee jump or a sky dive! Far too chicken though haha x

I'm terrified of heights! But went here: https://www.goape.co.uk/ last year and loved it!

My friend sky dived last year and I'd love to do it - would need to be pushed out the plane though! :thumbup:

I'd like to lose another 3 stone (just weighed myself and have lost a stone since boxing day! woohooo :wohoo: :headspin:) lol and I'd like to to have a little chunk of savings ready to go.

I can't decide if I want to get promoted before or after a baby - I'd rather not have this fantastic new job and then take nearly a year out.... but then I don't know if having a lil monkey would affect my drive or ability to get promoted....

I think if it was me, I'd rather get promoted before! But I'd want to go back to work as soon as possible, but wouldn't want to leave my little bean... It's a toughy that one!

I'm terrified of heights! But went here: https://www.goape.co.uk/ last year and loved it!

My friend sky dived last year and I'd love to do it - would need to be pushed out the plane though! :thumbup:

I would need to be pushed too! haha. I'd probably die half way down of heart failure due to scaredness/shock!!

Go Ape looks really good! They're dotted all around the country too by the looks of things :-o Would you go as part of a group, or just yourself?

Go Ape looks really good! They're dotted all around the country too by the looks of things :-o Would you go as part of a group, or just yourself?

As a group. The maximum amount of people per session is 14 and each session lasts around 4 hours. I didn't think it would last that long but it was a great day. You would feel a bit of an idiot by yourself as you can't help but shout 'weeeeeeeeee!' as you go down the ziplines haha! :happydance:

Errrm, mine would probably be get a good 'proper' job (I only work in a pizza takeaway at the mo) and move in with my OH in a lovely flat :) and save up more

I simply want to get my ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease into remission. I've just come off steroids for this and my Consultant did seem very hopeful that it would fix everything, so fingers crossed that I am (not advised to get pregnant during a flare-up).

I also want to save each month, which I know for a fact that I can do from March when I pay off my loan in full, leaving me debt-free.

I'd also like OH to clear as much of his debt as possible, which seems to be going well too.

Most of all I just really want to be nice and healthy when the time to TTC comes around.

hello ladies it great this post gives you something to concentrate on as i see all my freiends having babies and i just want to jion in but here are my reasons to wait
1. finish my degree may/2010
2. get the job i want (teaching)
3. get my drivers licence
4. go on amd silly holiday with my partner
5. save up money between me and my partner easier said than done ey lol

Oooh I like this thread, definitely gives a focus

1. Lose some weight (ideally 4 stone)
2. Get promoted at work
3. Pay off some debts
4. Save a little bit of money
5. Get OH through driving test so I'm not the only driver.

We should review this in a month and see how we are doing!!

This thread is a good idea! I guess there are other things we can look forward to/focus on before we TTC...My main one is to get my immigration papers so I am a permanent resident in Canada (I moved here from England last year to be with my OH). Fingers crossed I should have them by July :)
CurlyGirl I like your idea of going on a silly holiday, I think that's just what me and my OH need!

Great idea....

1. lose about 10-15 lbs and at least 2-3 inches all the way around.
2. Save enough for baby's 1st year
3. Finish 1st year of law school
4. Go on one more banging vacation with hubby with lost of pools and drinkin!

1. Get fit - go swimming 2 times a week
2. Pay off debt
3. Try and get more of my degree out of the way
4. Save some money
5. Get my one cat spayed and the other cats teeth done (these will be sorted by end of Feb anyways)

Ooh Kitty! Swimming is awesome, very addictive! I started going to improve my lungs, I have asthma and was always pretty unfit as a child... Not anymore :D

Everyone has some solid goals I see!

I love hearing what other people want to do :D

Thing id like to achieve before TTC? :D

* Finish my last college course this year
* Have a massive wedding beforehand lol
* Learn to drive <--A Necessity lol!
* Own a flat/House with OH (If we last lol)
* Have a job (=
* Learn to play guitar better

Im sure ill think of many more lol! :laugh2:

Well, Hubby and I aren't necessarily waiting, but we are not trying either. If it happens, it happens. =)
We both work retail (Target for him, GameStop for me) so we don't get many hours, so not much money. Luckily though, they're giving him a full 40 hours per week while I'm getting a whopping 5. *sigh* I guess our goals are:

1) For me to get my driver's license.
2) Him to get steady hours and/or him to become a translator or interpretor as he is fluent in both German and French (and English of course). =)
3) For at least one more cycle to finish because I quit BC first week of Dec '09 so it will be 3 months since then as well as 3 months since I started taking prenatal vitamins (minimum recommended waiting/preparation time).

Other than that, we're really just putting faith in God that He will provide (referring to the verse that says how even the sparrow are fed and that we are worth much more than common sparrows). From what I hear, if you wait to have a baby until you can afford one, you'll never have one. So I guess you can say that we're officially TTC come March-ish.
Sorry for the long-winded babbling of mine, but that's what I have to say. =)

1 Get a job
2 Save enough to pay my half for a flat and furnishings
3 Finish high school
4 Marry OH
5 Find a flat in Florida
6 Move in!

After that, I'm not sure if I'll be going to university, community college, or enlisting in the military, but if it turns out I'm going to community college, I think we can safely start TTC as it requires less time and money, and will be closer to home :)

1) Get a better job.
-- to accomplish this may have to go to school.

2) Get a place big enough for 2 kids & 2 adults.

3) Get health coverage sorted out.
-- either find a job with a company that has good benefits or decide on private or whether OH's are good enough.

4) Get married *hopefully*.. if it's not possible due to finances, because it's a lot of money at once, then I guess not

5) Get a car

6) Enjoy some time with the family I already have

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"