what does everyone feed there little one for breakfast

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
i started weaning jack about 2 weeks ago , started him off with teatime rusk , then for the last few days have moved to breakfast as well ive tried a few different cow & gate breakfast out the box , he opens his mouth ok for it but he tends to heave now & again , just wondered what everyone else gave there little one for breakfast ? xx

Plum 4 grain porridge. Although she refused it this morning.....:dohh:

a variety of baby cereals. it is common for babies to gag on new textures though, give him a few more tries and see how he does

I either give her baby rice mixed with banana or kiwi or some other mashed up fruit or rusks with milk or a fromage frais.

Liv usually gags at new tastes and textures as well but its only an immediate reflex - she soon gets over it and wolfs her food down! x x

When I first started weaning Lewis I used Cow & Gate creamy porridge, he loved it. Once he got used to eating breakfast I mixed a small amount of pureed fruit into the porridge for different tastes and textures. He also has readybrek or weetabix for breakfast every other day, again just for different flavours & textures.

i wasn,t sure whether babies are allowed weetabix because of the added salt . xx

Poppy has Organix Baby porridge or a banana usually

Jason has Heinz baby porridge at the moment, he has also had Heinz sunrise banana cereal and Cow and Gate Fruity muesli. Ive tried rusk but he wasn't too keen on it.

the plum baby porridge is brilliant, Alasdair loved it and it's suitable for babies under 6 months as it doesn't have any gluten in it.

Now Ally either has fruit and porridge or toast.

maddi likes hipp baby porridge, hipp creamed baby rice in the jars or baby rice and apples :) and toast now she's a bit older x

the plum baby porridge is brilliant, Alasdair loved it and it's suitable for babies under 6 months as it doesn't have any gluten in it.

Now Ally either has fruit and porridge or toast.
does cow & gate make this ?

I was curious about this also so I googled it and it seems that Plum is the brand, if its the same one that everyone is talking about that is!!. Its Plum baby four grain super porridge and its 2.79 in boots :happydance:

Started off with baby rice but he didnt seem overly keen on it so tried cow & gate rice pudding and he loves it, can't get enough.. also has hipp cereal stuff :)

eve is 5 months old and eats like a horse, she loves the dried cereals and berries + yogurt, but this morning had banana pear and raspberry smoothie mmmmmm

Ive been using the dried cereals her favourite is the heinz porridge and i stick a frozen raspberry in it i put boiling water in to thaw it and mash it in and leave it to cool its so scummy ive started putting raspberries in my porridge now lol.

Gerber baby barley or normal instant oatmeal (no salt or anything else except oats) that I've ground all fine. Both of these mixed with fruit (grated fresh apple, applesauce, mango, banana, pear etc).

Gabbi never really liked the baby rice. She is now on various HiPP cereals. She likes the strawberry one and fine fruits. I mix a cube of apple in or some mashed banana. My mum has just brought me some weetabix over (can't get it here), tried it once, it was ok once mixed with a little fruit. If she doesn't eat it, I will!! lol

Jack has weetabix but i waited until he was 8 months. he also has toast or 7month plus cereal x

jack normally has cow & gate porridge but only ate a small bit this morning so i mashed up some rice krispies in milk and heated it up. he eats anything that we eat :dohh: so he had a little bowl of mashed up rice krispies and loved them. I got the 7 mth plus cereal and he only kind of likes it. not a big fan of it. he will eat anything that we have though.

Wheetabix and Plum super porridge or baby rice ad always with some fruit, either ones I have pre-prepared or bought ones.

Does anyone else know what adult cereals babies can eat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->