What does everyone make of this story?

mummyatlast

Mummy && NTNP <3
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...-One-insults-hurled-I-jogged-Im-pregnant.html :flower:

so she is trying to keep active and fit through her pregnant and thats wrong?

Way to go mama!!!! If I didn't have to deal with hyperemesis I would've continued my exercise routine as well. I think it's great!

I still use exercise bike for 30 mins a day - slightly different but she's keeping healthy, her baby is fine, what the problem???

I think it's a fantastic thing she is doing, I don't think I would ever look at a woman in disgust if I saw her pregnant and exercising. After all it's much better than sitting on your backside, chomping on take aways and still drinking/smoking.

Running a marathon like that lady did IS selfish imo but jogging is great. wish i exercised lol!

Not selfish at all! It says she goes running almost every day, so her body is used to it. She is far healthier than the average pregnant woman and that can only benefit her baby, not harm it!

I think it's great she's keeping fit, but im pretty sure my m/w would have stopped me doing anything that 'bumpy' at about 35 weeks. To much vigorous bouncing isnt good for baby.

Tbh I don't really thinks newsworthy, it just a lady keeping fit - I rode till 30 weeks, my friend cycled till 36 weeks, everyone's different.

I was in the gym 24 hours before I went into labour. If you exercise and are fit before pg then there is no reason for you not to continue during pregnancy.

How is that selfish? I do not know! Good on her is what I say! I exercised before I was pregnant and I continued while I was pregnant! I started my exercise up again when I was 4 months pregnant and done it right through untill I was 39 weeks!

I walked and ran all through both my pregnancy's.

It hurts when people call you vain. I dont diet at all (omg I eat sooooo much) but if people say its all about losing weight it hurts as its not!

I had no idea anybody would get annoyed at a pregnant mum-to-be exercising!

My family are asian, and they recommend exercise and they REALLY keep an eye on weight to make sure you don't put too much on. (They even put you on diet/exercise regimes!!!!! - not that I agree with that entirely either)

Er.. given the fact that the critical lady was smoking a fag arond her child... maybe the journalist can just chalk it up to crazy lady with nothing better to do and lacking brain cells or manners to really be worth paying attention to?

People. There are always people who think they know best and have to blurt it out.
Jogging (especially if youve done it before) is one of the best exercises to do during pregnancy .
Typical Tabloid article.

Not even sure why this made the news....I can think of much better things that are newsworthy. If I was the lady I would have ignored the comment for the sheer fact the women who said it was smoking while walking with her baby. Come on which is more selfish, blowing second hand smoke near a baby, or trying to keep fit and active? :dohh:

Good on her, the advice is if your fit and healthy before then continue (within reason), if your not, then pregnancy is not a good time to start.

Like she says...........if you are doing that level of exercise before your get pregnant you can carry on as really, your body is used to it....so its like someone who doesn't exercise just not exercising!!

As for the bouncing about...............it would be more uncomfortable for mother than baby. They aren't like a wee pea floating around in a tank, they are rather snug in there. and really, the pace she would be running as isn't going to jostle them about.

IMHO, I've seen pics of a Show jumper still doing comps when she looks 6/7months pregnant (noticeable bump) THAT is irresponsible. Running is not.

I wish I had managed to keep up my fitness regime when I was PG but I had NO energy what so ever :(

If you exercise before your pregnant then the Dr tells you to continue just don't push yourself too hard. FOB's sister still did dance classes until she was 20 weeks pregnant and I think that was down to her fitness teacher more than her.

As long as your not in pain and having any strains I can't see the problem with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->