What does it feel like when baby engages?

Celesse

Reaction score
Any aches or pains? Changes to bladder activities? Changes to bump appearance?

What where your experiences and what should I look out for?

I didnt notice for a while MW was telling me that baby was 3/5...but over the past week it feels mostly like I've been kicked in the foof.

My pubic bone really aches where theres more pressure on it, I guess I need to pee more often but I've never suffered much with the needing to pee all the time throughout pregnancy like some.

Bump is defo lower now than it was a few weeks a go...but I would bloody hope so being that I'm over due.

well at my last MW appt when i was 34+6 bubs was head down but free, so not engaged at all yet. soon after i started getting sharp shooting pains in my lady bits and period type aches / cramps low down and bobs your uncle, at the hospital when i was 36+1 she is engaged (2/5 palpable).

I also noticed my bump drop xxx

I was wondering about this too... the GP told me 'It will feel like you have a baby's head between your legs' :rofl: Not exactly sure what that is going to feel like!

I was wondering about this too... the GP told me 'It will feel like you have a baby's head between your legs' :rofl: Not exactly sure what that is going to feel like!

very accurate - kinda like trying to walk with a watermelon between your legs!!! :haha: xxx

Yup...You will feel different down therre, maybe more pressure, and your heartburn, if you had any, may be lessened.

The hospital GP told me hes engaged already.. All thats different is i now need to pee every milisecond as apposed to every minute, i get sharp pains in my bladder often, feel extremely heavy like weighed down and tired... Thats about it? My pelvis aches too x

at my last midwife appointment she told me baby was engaged, now constantly i feel the need to pee alot more! my bump looks lower and the amount of pressure i feel down there is unbelieveable and it feels very uncomfy! x

I felt it engaging the other day! Got pains in my bum and foof as though baby was gonna drop out! Was at hospital today and my notes say 4/5 engaged. My bump has dropped and I'm getting lower kicks. It's also made sleeping more uncomfortable as it feels like more pressure on my bladder! Sorry! X

My baby has been kicking and wriggling like mad last night and now has started again tonight...
I feel like she is turning, and woke up feeling like she was transverse, then she was vertical again by this afternoon.

Does this mean she is running out of room and nearly ready to settle in and engage? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or do I still have a way to go?

The hospital GP told me hes engaged already.. All thats different is i now need to pee every milisecond as apposed to every minute, i get sharp pains in my bladder often, feel extremely heavy like weighed down and tired... Thats about it? My pelvis aches too x

Oh no - I'll have to live on the loo if I need to pee any more often than I do already! :dohh:

Today my pee has been less than usual, and baby had a good wiggle and seems to be more head down than before and I've had some mild period type pains. But 31 weeks seems a little early to be engaging?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->