What does it mean to you?

bigbloomerz

Reaction score
Everyone has different views on being a parent and what it involves.
What does being a Mummy mean to you?

I cant wait to show unconditional love to a little human being that me and my OH made and brought into this world through love.
I want to show my family the love my Mum showed to me and bring them up with respect and manners.
I want to give my OH a family that he can be proud of.

I had a lot of experiences as a child that i wish I could forget so I want to make sure my little ones are brought up in a home that is a happy and safe place.
I want to teach my little ones to respect everyone no matter what culture,age or background and to make sure they dont put up with being disrespected.
Also to show them that a mothers love should be unconditional and that I will love them no matter what and they should never be afraid to come to me with their problems.
At the end of the day,being a mummy means having an oppurtunity to completely shape a little persons life and I hope I can shape my little person (hopefully little people) into someone thats happy and healthy xx

I want to give my children the life that I couldn't have or wasn't capable of. My mom gave me what she could, but she made mistakes that lasted her the rest of her life and have affected the way she was able to bring up her children (me). And she's given my what she could and now I want to use that and my abilities to make MY children even better. I want to feel the love of a LO who knows nobody else. Who knows through and through that I am mommy and I will be there to protect him/her and love him/her even when they mess up. And I want to show my OH and my family that I am mature and capable of all the things that I hope and dream for.

I had a lot of experiences as a child that i wish I could forget so I want to make sure my little ones are brought up in a home that is a happy and safe place.
I want to teach my little ones to respect everyone no matter what culture,age or background and to make sure they dont put up with being disrespected.
Also to show them that a mothers love should be unconditional and that I will love them no matter what and they should never be afraid to come to me with their problems.
At the end of the day,being a mummy means having an oppurtunity to completely shape a little persons life and I hope I can shape my little person (hopefully little people) into someone thats happy and healthy xx

that is so beautiful hunny, I so agree :cry:

I want to teach my kids to be open minded and confident. My mum verbally bullied me all my life and punished me for the bitterness she felt towards my dad... I want to be a better mum than her. I want to encourage my children to do what they want instead of being shy and scared that they will do it wrong, because I've missed out on doing so much in my life due to those feelings..

Being a mummy means to me, to give my kids the encouragement and confidence they need to do whatever they want in life and having a relationship of unconditional love, men are just a pain in the arse and unreliable, whereas I'll be there forever for my LO, no matter what his or her daddy does.

I also want to make sure that my LO can come to me with whatever problem at whatever age because my relationship with my mum is awkward and it's horrid.

I think all you girls have lovely reasons!
Personally, I want to bring up my children how my mum brought me up before she dies. With love and kindness and with the kind of guidance that you don't really know you're taking in but it makes you a better person in the end. I want to teach then to respect things and people and have their own morals to be able to make the right decisions.
I want to be the kind of mum that is respected and has a close bond with her children, so that they're not afraid to talk about anything.
Finally I want to try and do things that my dad made mistakes on, to cherish each LO that arrives and make their life precious.
Ok, now I've gone a bit gooey :blush:

This is a lovely thread. I want everything you girls have said so far. I didn't have the happiest childhood (not abusive or anything, just not very happy for a lot of reasons) and I would love to create a happy one for my children. I want to give them the confidence and self belief that I never had. I want to have laughter in my house every day. I want them to remember their childhood and treasure it. I want my OH to have a family that he wants to be a part of and is proud of (the opposite of the family he grew up in). When I get to the end of my life, if I can look back and know I was a good mother and I'm leaving behind happy, confident kids I will be very content.

I had a really difficult childhood, and lots of horrible times and I want to protect my LO from all that hurt. I want them to feel safe and protected and most of all happy. I want to share the world with them and teach them - People are not to be judged, the world is full of all different characters and styles and i want them to be open-minded, to respect people on their own merit. To be safe, but not to be afraid of their world.

oooo. gunna cry now. lol :cry:

:hugs: to all of you.We are a soppy lot here in WTT and all of your answers have been so lovely...xx

Well all of the answers you ladies have given says it all for me!

Having a baby and starting a family means....... THE WORLD to me! hehe
xx

Loving and caring for them unconditionally.

Giving them the confidence they need, without making them brats. My mum and dad have always been cynical about stuff, they love me, but they have funny ways and often lower my confidence.

To teach them.

To give them the opportunities that I feel I've been held from-music lessons and things, without forcing it upon them.

Having a great and open relationship, so they feel they can talk to me about anything. Not be ashamed to admit any mistakes. To learn to grow and become their own person :)

My family isn't perfect but my parents worked their asses off to give me all I needed and more.. I want to do the same for my LO(s) - better make it plural because I'm sure there's gonna be at least 1 more in the future..

I didn't appreciate it before, but now that I'm "grown up", I realize how much harder life could have been if my parents didn't live and work for us. I'm so proud of my parents TBH I'm lucky I got them!

Awww im really glad I started this thread now. Such lovely comments :)
Im sure we will all be fabulous Mummys :D xx

This is a very sweet thread....

I dont think I can even articulate what it means to me to bring a new life in to the world with my OH - it means everything to us.

x

I dont think I can even articulate what it means to me to bring a new life in to the world with my OH - it means everything to us.

x

Definitely true. Means everything to me. Having a family is the world. I couldn't imagine not having family in my life. Not wanting a family or even wanting to bring a child into the world. I don't know what else could top that. It just seems like such a fantastic, exciting, scary, perfect, experience. I mean, there aren't even words for how right it would be.

Okay. That's enough mushy stuff! :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->