what does miscarriage back pain feel like

cattymouse

mother of 1
Reaction score
title says it all
I'm getting shooting pains in my back so just curious what does miscarriage back pain feel like

Sorry you're getting pain :hugs:

My MC started off like the worst AF cramps I've had (front and back), then bleeding (gushing) then it basically felt like contractions you get in early stages of labour radiating through my whole lower back and stomach. Of course all women are different and cramps doesn't necessarily mean MC.

Both my mc started off with spotting, there was no pain for quite a few days. The one earlier this year was maybe 5 days after spotting started. Hope everything is ok for you x

I'm currently 4wks6days and I have cramps, aches and some back ache most of the time and have done so since a few days after ovulation. Try not to worry, I know it's hard. Can you get an early scan? Xx

Same as above. Mine stared with spotting and a couple of days later woke up in the night with extremely painful cramps. By morning the bleeding was heavy and the pains got worse. I don’t recall feeling it in my back.

Almost 6 weeks now and getting cramps (not painful) and sometimes sharp pains through my lower back but no spotting etc. Try not to worry :)

thanks for the replies
hopefully it's nothing and I have an early scan Thursday

I've had three miscarriages but only one that I let occur naturally. I found all of them out by ultrasound and two I had D&Cs before the bleeding even started. The one I did miscarry naturally it started with spotting, no pain. It didn't get painful until literally a couple hours before I passed the sac. I began having menstrual type cramping - only in the front not the back - and started gushing blood. It wasn't painful, no more than a typical period. Even when I passed the sac I didn't know it until I saw it in the toilet. It was more emotional pain than anything.

Pain is usually ok as long as it is not accompanied by bleeding. Please keep us updated. I will keep my fx for you that everything is ok <3

my cramping has gone but now I have a pain in my lower back ...Thursday seems a life time away ... I'm so convinced I have lost the baby I hope not but I can't think positive at moment when it's symptom after symptom...can't concentrate on anything at the moment &#55357;&#56866;

I'm sorry you're so worried and I hope that everything goes well on Thursday :hugs:

So sorry you're worried. Really hoping everything will be okay on Thursday <3

I'm sorry you're worried. With both of my early losses I had some light cramping but not back pain. With every healthy pregnancy I've had horrible lower back pain. It's crazy but I think it's everything stretching or something. Try to relax.. Have some tea, a warm bath, a favorite movie or something if you can. I hope Thursday comes quickly for you!

I'm so sorry you are worried. I know that feeling well and so far have had it go both ways at scans. For my miscarriage I didn't have any pain. I had a small amount of spotting one day. My OB wouldn't' even see me until my scheduled appointment (which actually was a Thursday as well). The spotting happened on a Sunday. I ended up having a D&C so the pain/bleeding never occurred. With this pregnancy I had lots of cramping on and off throughout first tri, but that time went in for the scan and everything was perfect.

It's so hard to tell at this stage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know it will feel like a long week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->