What does ovulation feel like?

patienceiav

Reaction score
This might sound like a strange question :D I've been on bcp nearly solidly since I was 16 so I've never paid attention to my cycles.

Now I'm on my first cycle post bcp and while I'm not expecting my cycle to magically be normal again (not feeling that lucky) this morning I've felt a dull ache on my left side, if looking down at my belly button it's sorta north West of it.. Hehe :) while that could be related to anything that isn't too do with O, I got to wondering :

What are your experiences when O'ing? How much does your temp go up, do you get a sudden urge to procreate :D aches, boobs etc! I'd love to hear how people experience it differently :)

I personally get a popping sensation down low on one side then mild cramps but think everyone is different

Thanks for the reply :) i have the ache that's for sure, for safety's sake I want to rush home with a slow motion run with "the final countdown" playing in the background as I dash off to my hubby :D I haven't really got the hang of this tracking business, do you have one or two days after O? I hope so since I won't see my man today :(

I generally feel ovulation every month.

For me the ache is definately south west/ south east of the bellybutton down where my ovaries are.

Some months its just a dull ache that can last a few hours and others more of a period type cramp.

As for temps, this is my first month of charting so would be interested to see what temps rise to at ovulation xx

It's easy to read too much into stuff when you want it so much, but I'd say that's a good sign for me :) kinda creepy since it's unlikely that my cycle will just magically fit my tracker (says I should O today based on my last period but that was a regular "coming off the pill bleed" still, I best make the most of it just in case ;)

It will be interesting to see the temp once I've charted a bit more info, today I went up by 0.3 degrees C, the first month is a pain since you have nothing to compare to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->