What does your 18 month-2 year+ old eat

T

Tilly

Interested to see what you all feed your little ones in a day. Sometimes I worry im giving Bethanie too little/much and like to compare a bit.

Please tell me breakfast, lunch, dinner, any snacks and drinks (including milk).

Thanks!

Charlie's a tad older, but thought you might like to know anyway.

When he's at home, he'll have:

6am - crumpet and butter
8am - cereal (sometimes 2 bowls)
10.30am - block of cheese (always asks for it about this time!! )
12 noon - sandwich, crisps and piece of fruit
2.30pm - fruit
5pm - hot dinner - usually pasta, or jacket spud, or sometimes a plate of whatever we ate for dinner the night before (refridgerated overnight, then microwaved)
6.30pm - couple of biscuits and some raisins

That's all approximate and can change, but is roundabout what he has.

EDIT - oh, and he drinks 2-3 pints of milk a day. Yep, you did read that right 2-3 PINTS!!!!!

He has more than Bethanie, I worry im not feeding her enough

This is an example what she has

Breakfast - Cereal (mini pack or 1 weetabix etc), followed by a fruit pot, yogurt or piece of fruit
Early morning - Cup of tea with a snack biscuit/fruit bar
Lunch - Pasta with a tomato and sweetcorn sauce
After nap snack - Same as lunch, with juice
Dinner - Whatever we eat in a slightly smaller portion (usually things like spag bol, chicken curry etc)

In the day she has 2 milk drinks (morn and evening) - usually about 180ml a time
She drinks water mainly, but I give her the odd juice.
Her portion sizes are generally the same size as mine, maybe a spoonful or 2 less. I think if im full, she must be surely? it can be hard to tell!

What do you think?

Kaden doesn't eat much at all. I'll give him a bowl of cereal in the morning and he mostly just spills it everywhere. I'll give him a piece of toast later on and he sometimes eats that but mostly just takes a couple of bites and leaves it on his high chair. Then I give him lunch and he basically just plays in it. Then he normally wants some sort of snack around 3, so I'll give him something and he'll eat a little bit of it. Then he'll pick at dinner, but doesn't eat much of it either.

If her portions are the same as yours and she eats all of it, I wouldn't be worried about not feeding her enough. Like I said. Kaden barely eats but my doctor just keeps telling me he will eat when he is hungry...which is apparently never. *Rolls eyes*
I'm sure she is fine, if not she would ask you for more food somehow I'm sure.

Rhys will have:

6am - crumpets/toast - i give him 2 and he usually leaves a bit
8am - cereal - a small bowl of rice krispies
sometimes i will not give him the cereal if hes having breakfast in nursery, they give him toast at 9.30
10.30 - snack and juice in nursery
11.45 - lunch in nursery (cottage pie/lasanga with peas and carrots and a pudding, most days he will have two portions of this
2pm i have my lunch after i pick rhys up and he will have a nibble on my sandwhich or have a peice of fruit
4pm - a block of cheese
6pm - dinner, he eats the same as us but doesnt finish it
7pm - milk before bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back