what does your typical day at home with baby looks like?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Joshua wakes up around 9h30am, I get up make a bottle for him and coffee for me. I change his diaper then I feed him while we watch some tv in bed. Then he relax a bit in mommy's arms...

Around 10h30 I put him in his swing while I take a shower and he is usually asleep when I'm done, so I put him in his crib and do some chores around the house + eat and make some bottles for the day.

around 1h-1h30pm he wakes up so it's diaper change + feeding. Then I play with him on his playmat for about 30 mins.

And repeat the same routine throughout the day.

He gets a bath around 9h30, then a little massage and a bottle. He goes to sleep for a good 5-6hours.

7am - 8am Oscar and mummy up for a feed
9am Cwtch up together to watch the wright stuff
10 am Oscar naps - mummy cleans bottles & has cup of tea
11-12 Oscar has lunch
then a little play while dog gets fed
We then go out for a bit or Oscar will play while mam does some assignments
3pm Oscar grubs up then nap
play
6pm grub
bath time, and ready for bed.
Bed by 8pm
10pm sleep feed
3am wakes mam up, grub
7-8 moooorning :D

our routine at the minute looks like this..

6.30/7am
Rhiannon wakes and usually gurgles away to herself whilst i grab a quick wash and clean teeth/change

7/8am
its nappy change and feed then she will happily kick about on her mat on the table whilst i sit and have breakfast and a "chat" with her then she has a wash and day clothes on

8/11am
she will usually have a nap so i have a chance to catch up with emails and work with her next to me on the bed

11am/12pm
if she hasnt woken i wake her for her feed and nappy change, then its under her rainforest mat or one of my parents will have her for me to have a quick lunch

12pm/4pm
we either go visiting friends, go for a walk, grocery shopping etc

4/5pm
another feed and nappy change

5/7pm
another nap, so i eat my tea

7/8pm
bath and a bottle then she goes back to sleep so i have a shower

10/11pm
she usually takes 4oz top up then sleeps through till 6.30/7am and we're off again...:)

sounds like you are in a good routine, mines not quite as neat lol....

summer wakes about 7ish for a bottle, i feed and change her then she comes into bed for me for a cuddle and both usually fall back to sleep til about 10ish then i get up feed her again then she usually plays on her mat whilst i have breafast and make bottles for the day then will have a cuddle and watch some tv. by this time its about 1ish and she will want another bottle, after this one she USUALLY has a sleep and wakes about 3ish or so we play in her chair on her mat for a little while then about half 4 she has another bottle, usually stays awake for abit then fall asleep until half 7 has another bottle. then she will stay awake for a bit, have a bath etc then last bottle at half 10. then will wake about 3 in the night when she is fed and straight back down til 7 in the morn.

Ive jus realised, my whole life revolves around summer havin a bottle :rofl:

this routine is only a rough outline and does not always go like that lol

Colton isn't really on a good routine. He feeds every three hours, but during the night he may/maynot sleep through his feed, so the hours vary day by day. I dont wake him at night to feed him, I wait until he wakes.

Usually:

2am-ish: feed, back to sleep
5-6am: feed, back to sleep
9am: a puree then formula feed, cuddles, play for a bit, then he will go back to sleep
12-2pm: feed, usually up (not today though) and plays/cuddles, bath time (every other day)
4-6pm: another feed, plays/cuddles
8-9:30pm: last feed with added baby rice cereal, cuddles
11pm-ish: sleep for the night

His daytime naps vary too.. usually they last 1-2 hours between feeds, and sometimes he will sleep longer (just waking for bottles/changing), like today he is still asleep, but most days he is awake. Some days he sleeps until 5pm-ish though.

Kaya usually wakes at 7(ish) so we're up around then and go downstairs for nappy free time.
She usually gets a bit grumpy by 8/8:30 so we get her dressed and then she has a bit more of a play.
She starts getting tired around 10/10:30 so she's down for a nap at 10:30 (at least a half hour to get her to sleep) sleeps for a half hour so awake by about 11:30.
Play, outings, work etc happens throughout the day with another two naps at 1:30 and 4pm, then its bed time at 7pm.

We have a great routine. She sleeps in 4 hr blocks during the day, and even longer at night time.
I try to go out with her on a daily basis for a walk just so she catches some fresh air and so I can shape up as well.

Around 10 pm we give her a bath, feed her and by 11 pm she is usually sound asleep.

She wakes up around 4-5 am. She surprised us the other day when she slept from 11:30 pm until 7 am.

She is really wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"