What dosage for COQ10?

tessjs

Reaction score
Just wondering how people take this supplement.I have a bottle of 75mg ...I want to start taking it, but want to know do you take it the whole month or just part of the cycle? CONFUSED

Just wondering how people take this supplement.I have a bottle of 75mg ...I want to start taking it, but want to know do you take it the whole month or just part of the cycle? CONFUSED

I take it everyday of cycle....it can take up too 3 months to have a positive effect on the eggs you release as i believe the eggs develop over a 90 day period...im sure lotshave felt the benefits sooner. .i started on 100 mg per day but now on 400mg. Lots of great stuff on the webs about this supplement! GL

I am taking 300 every day. I saw some good results after taking it for 2-3 months i.e. my FSH got down from 14.3 to 8. I had 2 month break from all vitamins/supplements after taking them for over a year but now resumed my regime from today

i take 600mg a day as recommended by my FS. It does get expensive but with a bit of shopping you can get better deals and/or bigger pills - I`ve seen 300mg ones but they`re harder to find

I take 800mg/day Ubiquinol https://www.naturalbiology.com/category_s/176.htm
that's the dose as per some Canadian Fertility clinics. I'm gearing up for IVF and this is one of the supplements they recommend (they don't recommend much just a good prenatal -pregvit) but i take antioxidants, vits, vitex and EPO until they start the drugs.

THanks 2have4kids! May I ask what antioxydants you take, and where you find them? I`d like to find some also but the pharmacists just stare at me blankly when I ask...

Planet Organic, Community Natural foods, any organic store that sells supplements should have them. The antioxidants I take are Pycnogenol (natural factors), Acta-reseratrol (AOR), selenium, vitamin E and C (EmergenC). If you're a little overweight or fighting insulin resistance Inositol and N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC). I'm arthiritic so I take EPO and salmon oil. I get those ones at the organic foods store and I buy my CoQ10 online because it's much less expensive and better quality than I can get in local stores. I get 12 at a time here: https://www.naturalbiology.com/coq10_supplement_p/co-q10400.htm

Is this regularly perscribed in the US, when I went to the doc in the UK with my hubby and was asking about whether he thought it would be a good idea and safe for my hubby to start taking as he is on low dose asprin dailly not sure if these would confilct. He just said there was not enough evidence that this was safe to use.

People take CoQ10 it for heart conditions, it's an antioxidant which helps repair cellular damage. It's just been found to help egg quality too. If a doc told me that vits and antioxidants are not 'safe' to use I'd tell him to get his head out of his arse. It makes my blood boil that they don't give doctors a whole education on health of the body...just prescriptions and medical interventions.

People take CoQ10 it for heart conditions, it's an antioxidant which helps repair cellular damage. It's just been found to help egg quality too. If a doc told me that vits and antioxidants are not 'safe' to use I'd tell him to get his head out of his arse. It makes my blood boil that they don't give doctors a whole education on health of the body...just prescriptions and medical interventions.

I was thinking more for my hubby to start taking it, was trying to get the docs buy in, more likely to get him to take it that way... but it back fired.. doc was just saying that there is no proof that it can enhance sperm quality as there have not been any studies done on this. Hubby not keen on taking tablets

I have DH taling 100mg of coq10 for last month....fingers crossed its doing something.

I have DH taling 100mg of coq10 for last month....fingers crossed its doing something.

just wondering doe sit have to be this really high quality stuff? I can't afford expensive supplements.so for example the vitamins you can get in supermarkets would they be just useless?

Im in the uk....some of my supplements are from holland and barrett and others from amazon. I go by reviews and what the label says. I got some EPO from the £ shop and they seem fine. Some brands perhaps use better quality extracts im sure but im sure the overall effect is pretty much the same. i dont mind using the lesser known brands. As ever im happy to be corrected on this.

Im in the uk....some of my supplements are from holland and barrett and others from amazon. I go by reviews and what the label says. I got some EPO from the £ shop and they seem fine. Some brands perhaps use better quality extracts im sure but im sure the overall effect is pretty much the same. i dont mind using the lesser known brands. As ever im happy to be corrected on this.

thanks for thatI feel like a rattling vitamin bottle most of the time..lol

Ha yes me too! I have so many now......have decided to give in and indulge in the christmas festivities and lots of booze so this will probably counteract all the goodness from the supps but i need a break from obsessing!!:wacko:

I was reading this article on supplements for men and it says that some are completely useless particularly cheap synthetic supplements as these are not absorbed by the body. it's recommended to use "food state" vitamins (whatever this means). Although i do not think coq10 comes with food? or is it? anyway I buy my supplements in the way as Blythe i.e. amazon or H&B, most recently a friend recommended https://www.highernature.co.uk/ they appear to have higher potency but they are pricy. i got some arginine for my DH from them as H&B ones simply did not have any effect on him. I might order some coq10 from them once I run out but they only have 30 which is not enough

I was reading this article on supplements for men and it says that some are completely useless particularly cheap synthetic supplements as these are not absorbed by the body. it's recommended to use "food state" vitamins (whatever this means). Although i do not think coq10 comes with food? or is it? anyway I buy my supplements in the way as Blythe i.e. amazon or H&B, most recently a friend recommended https://www.highernature.co.uk/ they appear to have higher potency but they are pricy. i got some arginine for my DH from them as H&B ones simply did not have any effect on him. I might order some coq10 from them once I run out but they only have 30 which is not enough

I think some retailers state that Ubiquinol is absorbed more easily (more bioavailable) than ubiquinone (which is what I thought too after reading about it). But I found another study stating that it doesn't matter, just make sure you get liquid form never powder form (like with most vitamins & supplements, liquid iron, calcium, liquid D, liquid is always better).

Here's the study results:
Taken together, these
results clearly show that there is
no difference in absorption as
measured by the plasma appearance
of CoQ10 between USANA’s
CoQuinone 100 and the leading
Competitor’s ubiquinol product.
Discussion
This study was undertaken to
help clarify current discrepancies
in the marketplace regarding
which form of CoQ10 is the most
bioavailable. Our results clearly
indicate no differences between
the two forms. Thus, claims of increased
bioavailability utilizing
ubiquinol formulations should be
viewed critically. Furthermore,
based on our previous Clinical
Bulletin, the single most important
factor in determining the
bioavailability of CoQ10 is the
carrier formulation; i.e., powder
versus oil/lipid delivery systems.6
Therefore, to ensure you are getting
the most out of your CoQ10
supplement, be sure to choose a
formulation utilizing oil/ lipid
systems such as those found in
USANA’s CoQuinone product
line.

I have not seen coq10 in liquid form. I usually take it with vitamin E, supposed to be better for absorption

Just wanted to share my experience...

We have been TTC #1 for 15 months, never had a BFP, planned to start fertility treatment in March. After much research on Coq10 I started taking 600mg daily in November. Didn't notice much change to my cycle that month. However, this month I noticed I O'd 2 days earlier. Was kinda concerned that it was altering my cycle :wacko: Well, 8-9dpo I noticed I was getting really sensitive to certain smells. Tested at 11dpo with an ic expecting another negative and got the shock of my life :bfp:

FRER and digitals have all confirmed our little bean is finally on the way. :cloud9:
I am crediting the Cooq10. I think it made the difference for us.

Good Luck to everyone and :dust:

Thanks for sharing LovelyB-so glad for you!
Briss, when you take caps, are they powder or clear brown gel caps? Mine are brown gel caps = oil form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->