What eases your SPD pains?

ummar

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

Any advice on how to manage the pain from SPD? I'm in constant pain these days - it's not excruciating but it has really slowed me down and zapped my energy for normal day to day things.

What helps? Paracetamol? Warm baths?

im 34+5 and ive been suffering quite bad dont particularly like taking tablets but a warm bath seems to easr it for me.

on really bad days i have been told i can take co codamol if its really bad but not to take it everyday.

I have the same problem. Well, nothing really helps much accept really reducing physical movements. I have tried many things, warm baths, heating pads, paracetamol but what really worked for me was when I put my feet up.

Sitting down and leaning forward slighty. Can be uncomfortable after awhile but it takes the pressure off my pelvis for abit!

Nothing at all eased my SPD last time and with my additional problems i'm even worse this time. Even my painkillers barely take the edge off it now. Wish i could help xx

heat pads on back can give some relief but as army wife said paracetamol or co-codamol - its tends to be a personal thing - trying out to find what may help you -

basis is rest rest rest - and when it hurts stop

all the best

Paracetamol, going to the swimming pool - takes all the weight off for a while offers some respite, warm bath.

Painful but did work long term for me but would suggest you speak to your MW / DR first, I went for decent length walks 40 mins every night and whilst I was in agony each evening after a week or so I found the SPD getting better as the muscles were supporting the ligaments better, but I perserved with that as my SPD was real bad at 16ish weeks

i have it really bad im on crutches i went up the hospital crying with it on friday and persribed cocodamol and they have helped. ive been begging them to induce me because of spd but they wont im booked in on thursday to b induced ill b 40 wks. my spd started at 10 wks so i been sufferng for a long time now it toaly sucks xxxx

If you do have SPD you should absolutely not be going for any length of walks if it hurts or doing anything which involves 'pushing through the pain'. You can and probably will do yourself so much damage in the long run. I pushed through the pain last time and and my pain didn't go after Poppy was born. For that reason, amongst others, my pelvis is permanently damaged and i've been on crutches since 2nd tri with Poppy, now i'm in a wheelchair on my very bad days. Please, please, please be aware of the lasting damage you can do.

Anything you do which causes the 2 halves of your pelvis to rub together can cause lasting damage and should be avoided. Certain things in a swimming pool are ok - just floating etc but actual swimming is a no no.

I'm no medical professional but the above is from many medical professionals i have seen in the past 2 and a half years.

SPD is evil! I am booked for a csection tomorrow (eeek!) as mine is so bad I have been housebound for over 2 months.

The only things that have given me any relief at all are warm baths, heat packs, regular pain killers and sleeping on a folded duvet with a pillow between my legs.
The best advice I can give is to take it easy, do not push through the pain, know your limits, rest whenever possible, keep your movements as symmetrical as possible and follow the advice of your mw/doc or physio to prevent further damage and limit pain.

Good Luck for the rest of your pregnancy

SPD is evil! I am booked for a csection tomorrow (eeek!) as mine is so bad I have been housebound for over 2 months.

The only things that have given me any relief at all are warm baths, heat packs, regular pain killers and sleeping on a folded duvet with a pillow between my legs.
The best advice I can give is to take it easy, do not push through the pain, know your limits, rest whenever possible, keep your movements as symmetrical as possible and follow the advice of your mw/doc or physio to prevent further damage and limit pain.

Good Luck for the rest of your pregnancy

how comes there givin u a ceserion i been begging them for wks now and they said to m a ceserion is not a option because it can make spd worse. huh wat gives i begged them i to have been bed bound since 27 wks but i still have to go 40wks and do it the natural way. its bollocks :growlmad:

they said a c-section makes it worse?? did i mis read that !!! if thats what was said to you please get a second opinion xx

yea i 2nd that.
i am having a c-section on the 2nd feb, the only reason is SPD!!
Whoever told u that, is fobbing u off big time.
DO NOT PUSH THROUGH PAIN!! I too have done ALOT of research (when making choice to birth naturally or not). If you push through the pain, it does cause permenet damage, not just in next pregnancies, but outside of pregnancy.
I am at the point now, I can barely move, the pains awful, and my co-codermol are no longer working as I have built up a tolerance to them, I've been on them since 23 ish weeks.

Modern hospitals will help you with SPD, but the older hospitals I find are happy to let u struggle. I am on crutches and have been offered a wheel chair, but those days, I jst chill and rest. Doing nothing or as little as possible is the best way to ease it!!! xxxx

yep thats wat i was told peeps and by my specelest and midwifes my hospital is just gay. i begged them to induce me at 39 wks but they said they wont induce till im 40wks because if they do it will give a hiher risk of having a secsion i was like i dont mind having him the sunroof way but they said spd does not go after baby is here and id have to deal with a wound and spd and it wud b much worse. so im being induced on thursday its gonna hurt like hell the only thing they did advise is to have a epidural. i just think it sucks theyve made me go till the end im in so much agony. i have to ring up b4 i go in and if there busy i got to wait even longer and go over due. so im just preying he comes b4 thursday on his own or wen i ring thurs they aint busy i can go rite on in and get things goin. think ive suffered enough xx

well said

Please visit pelvic partnership website and there is also one called pins !!!

OK THIS IS ONLY FOR THOS WHO WANT TO SEE WHAT CAN GO WRONG AND ITS VERY RARE - BUT LOOK AT MY JOURNAL - CAUSED BY BAD MANAGEMENT !!!

link at the bottom of my signature

my hospital is modern its only 8 yrs old xxx

well hunny to be frank they know sweet F A
i'd be swapping hospital, its balls that having c-section makes it worse! it can reduce ALOT of damage that can b done giving birth. yea u have the wound to worry about, but its better than being left with a newborn, and stuck in a wheelchair waiting for a hip replacement in ur 20's/30's!!xxx

im gonna have a rite winge to them wen i go in on thursday. bloody shtty drs lol xxx

I had my 1st physio appt last week for spd and she recommended when standing to do say the dishes to tilt ur pelvis back and forth to loosen it up a bit she said it will be uncomfortable at the time but should make it easier to get thru the rest of the day, she also said do the same when sitting, sit on the edge of the chair and tilt back and forth. She also recommended the pillows between the knees and under bump etc in bed and getting in and out of car with legs together. Tbh so far doing the tilting has made no difference to me and i'm still in agony i new spend hours on a evening just laying in the bath cause its the only place i can get comfy xx

I wonder if you ladies can help me I think I may be suffering with SPD but wonder if those who have been diagnosed with it could just read this and tell me if they think I am right?

Over this past week I've noticed that when I turn over in the night I get a pain in my pelvis and if I get up to go to the loo it is really painful. It's got progressively worse over the week and when I was at work I found if I was sat at my desk for a while then when I got up to go to get a drink or to the toilet it felt as if my pelvis had started seizing up. I thought I needed to walk around more but it happens then too.

Yesterday we were at a wedding and after being on my feet for a lot of the day last night I was in agony each time I tried to turn over. It just seems to have suddenly become really, really painful when I walk and I am shuffling like an old lady because it is painful if I walk with my legs apart so am trying to keep them together.

Today my pelvis has been stupidly painful, excruciatingly so. It got so bad I was in tears when we got home I had a look on Google and it sounds very much like it could be SPD as I have all the symptoms. Am going to phone the doctors tomorrow to try and get a short notice appointment, do you think this is the tight thing to do? I don't have a MW appt booked for another 3 weeks and it's difficult to get in with her at short notice. I'm really feeling quite fed up as this was the one thing I didn't want to develop as I know how debilitating it can be. It bloody hurts and I can't even imagine another 7 weeks of being in this amount of pain :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->