what else do i need to buy? my list so far

highhopes19

Reaction score
im sure im going to forget somthing so wondering if theres any bits you would add to my list of what weve already brought please.

we already have brought:

- bugaboo cameleon (ordered)
- maxi cosi car seat (ordered)
- tomee tippee electric sterliser
- tomee tippee electric pump
- tomee tippee bottles x 6 (of the big one 260ml i think)
- baby bath set
- bright starts bouncer
- bright starts swing
- tommee tippee manual pump (given to me)
- avent manual pump
- blossom farm sit me up deluxe
- changing bag
- changing mat
- 2 x boxes size 1 nappies
- 3 x boxes size 2 nappies
- 1 x box of size 3 nappies
- 24 packets of baby wipes
- 3 drawers full of neutral baby clothes mainly vests and sleep suits
- 12 muslins
- baby hangers
- cot toy
- soft play cubes
- a few cudley toys
- 3 towels
- 2 packs of cotton wool
- selection of lotions etc
- BF wrap
- tommee tippee bottle warmer
- 1 x sleeping bag
- 6 shawls
- 2 fluffy blankets
- 30 bibs

theres more stuff we have i just cant think off the top of my head :dohh:.

were gettting our swinging crib as a gift so dont really wnna buy bedding till we know what size crib to get etc:shrug:.

am i missing anything else?

gonna order our baby monitor in the week hopefully
doesnt nessicarily (sp) have to be essential can be just nice bits to have:flower:

thankyou xxx

lots of antibacterial hand soap! As i FF i'm forever washing and sterilising!
Have you got a few pairs of scratch mits and socks? We had to keep socks on Tabitha for a few weeks to keep her tootsies warm and she loved scratching her face!
Perhaps another sleeping back incase of nappy leakage?

Hope that helps :)

do you have the adapters to click the carseat onto the bugaboo? ive got the same pram carseat combo as you and have bought a buggy buddy pram handbag clip, a cup holder (lol) and the bugaboo maxicosi adapters. . . x

Looks like you are very organised to me!!

I notice you are only 18wks - is this stuff from a previous baby or you just been enjoying shopping!!

Couple little cotton hats and mits and socks.

Anna was born with claws and within a couple of hours of being born she had scratches all over her face!

Baby nail clippers.

Baby hair brush.

Sudocrem/ nappy rash cream just to be prepared

Sleeping bags.... most of them say only use on babies 10lbs+ so just check - we used just cellular blankets for first few months and it is definitely a good idea to have another spare sleeping bag.

lots of antibacterial hand soap! As i FF i'm forever washing and sterilising!
Have you got a few pairs of scratch mits and socks? We had to keep socks on Tabitha for a few weeks to keep her tootsies warm and she loved scratching her face!
Perhaps another sleeping back incase of nappy leakage?

Hope that helps :)

ooooo anti bacterial soap :thumbup:. i saw some in asda and forgot to pick it up i'll write that one down thankyou :flower:.

weve got 6 pairs of scratch mits and about 5 pairs of socks so far but going to get a good few more as i can imagine i'll be forever losing them :dohh:.

how many more sleeping bags should i get? and what tog should i get:dohh: sorry im clueless lol.

thankyou for the suggestions im making notes of them :hugs:
xxx

do you have the adapters to click the carseat onto the bugaboo? ive got the same pram carseat combo as you and have bought a buggy buddy pram handbag clip, a cup holder (lol) and the bugaboo maxicosi adapters. . . x

oooo a handbag clip never thought of that and a cup holder :thumbup:

would you say the maxi cosi adapters are a must, i didnt think id need them if its a carrycot:shrug:. i'll add them to the list anyway as i feel unorganised if i leave somthing off :haha:
thankyou:hugs:
xxxx

Tog depends on how hot your room is. Recommended temperature for nursery is 16-18degrees and if thats the temperature then baby can be in a 2.5tog bag.

I am in Scotland and thats what we use all the time.

Anna was in blankets in her moses basket for the first few months then went straight into a 6-18months bag. We have 2 that size.:flower:

You need all year round tog of 2.5 for your winter baby and at least 2 sleeping bags so that if baby messes or is sick on one there is another available, I guess thats only if you plan on using one every night though,

have you got nappy cream?
hmm you seem really organised to be honest, i cant think of anything else! :D

have you thought about you too hun for the hospital and after birth?

Looks like you are very organised to me!!

I notice you are only 18wks - is this stuff from a previous baby or you just been enjoying shopping!!

Couple little cotton hats and mits and socks.

Anna was born with claws and within a couple of hours of being born she had scratches all over her face!

Baby nail clippers.

Baby hair brush.

Sudocrem/ nappy rash cream just to be prepared

Sleeping bags.... most of them say only use on babies 10lbs+ so just check - we used just cellular blankets for first few months and it is definitely a good idea to have another spare sleeping bag.

im an organisational freak im afraid much to my OH's disgust :haha:. he says i have OCD when it comes to preparing for LO and cleaning haha:blush:

im afraid this is caused just by to much shopping :blush:

we have a few hats but im gonna get a few more. forgot to add to the list baby brush and comb :dohh:

yet to buy nail clippers and nappy creams :thumbup:.

thankyou :hugs:xxx

all i can add to this is room themometer/light thing (check this out https://www.amazon.com/Grobag-Egg-Digital-Room-Thermometer/dp/B001BWS0MQ) dummies of your using them and maybe an 'over pram' toy thing like this (https://www.storkgifts.co.uk/pramchains.php) other than that, thanks so much for this thread, i started my lists today and have added 3 things thanks to this!

Fab thanks girls :) xx

oooo a handbag clip never thought of that and a cup holder :thumbup:

would you say the maxi cosi adapters are a must, i didnt think id need them if its a carrycot:shrug:. i'll add them to the list anyway as i feel unorganised if i leave somthing off :haha:
thankyou:hugs:
xxxx

I would say they are useful, it means if your just making a short trip to do shopping or something the baby can stay in the carseat you dont have to wake him or her up to transfer to the carrycot, you can take the seat outta the car, and click it onto the chassis! my handbag clip is called a buggy buddy and i got it off amazon for £5 and the cupholder £12 xx
:kiss:

Oh my, I was going to wait at least until about a month or two before the birth to sort all this stuff out....:blush:
I am very impressed with your organisational skills and knowledge about all things baby :thumbup: I still feel a little unsure about everything really.

The only thing I have got so far is a new car as I had a small accident in my old fiesta 2 weeks ago and wrote it off :nope: Now I am trying to find a pram that suits me and OH, and that can fit in the boot. I just posted a thread about it, the Uppababy?

Anyway - Good luck with getting your stuff together! :flower:

A little healthcare set, nasal aspriator, and nail file etc etc,
come in really handy to file sharp nails without worrying about clipping their fingers too, and the nasal aspirator is really handy for bunged up noses as you cant use much else and they always seem a little snuffley,

Also i have picked up some gripe water, and infacol, as our first has some troubles with an unsettled stomach and trapped wind, and i had to send out OH at 2am to get something to help him so just a suggestion, (i have now got a little medical kit for my sons teething and general pains and keep it stocked up for emergencies).
I also will be buying a air humidifier (vicks one has good reviews) this time round as i used to buy the karvol plug ins for stuffy nose, colds but it costs a fortune to keep buying the refills....

hope i helped somewhat.... xxx

You need all year round tog of 2.5 for your winter baby and at least 2 sleeping bags so that if baby messes or is sick on one there is another available, I guess thats only if you plan on using one every night though,

have you got nappy cream?
hmm you seem really organised to be honest, i cant think of anything else! :D

have you thought about you too hun for the hospital and after birth?

i havent even thought about a list for myself yet :dohh:.

hmmmm...... gonna start that today thanks for reminding me :kiss:.

if im not organised i start really panicing:haha:.
xxx

Oh my, I was going to wait at least until about a month or two before the birth to sort all this stuff out....:blush:
I am very impressed with your organisational skills and knowledge about all things baby :thumbup: I still feel a little unsure about everything really.

The only thing I have got so far is a new car as I had a small accident in my old fiesta 2 weeks ago and wrote it off :nope: Now I am trying to find a pram that suits me and OH, and that can fit in the boot. I just posted a thread about it, the Uppababy?

thankyou hun :hugs:.

im starting to wish i had slowed down on the shopping as i know nearer the end im gonna be bored with nothing to buy:dohh:.

i might start making a baby scrapbook or photo album for LO when im done shopping just to entertain myself:haha:.

hope you have fun getting everything together :hugs::kiss: xxx

awww is this your first? i remember doing all this on my first, and doing lists ect.

Now on my second i am so unorganised, only bought a blue blanket lol

thankyou hun :hugs:.

im starting to wish i had slowed down on the shopping as i know nearer the end im gonna be bored with nothing to buy:dohh:.

i might start making a baby scrapbook or photo album for LO when im done shopping just to entertain myself:haha:.

hope you have fun getting everything together :hugs::kiss: xxx

I've finished buying everything- yes even the stuff for my hospital bag- so am keeping myself occupied by knitting little one a blanket. I am crazily organised as well. I love feeling prepared and ready :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->