What else do i need..

diz

Reaction score
O.K... so i'm due in 3 weeks with my first.

so far my small/new born stash includes

Nappies
2 x fuzzies
1 x bitti
1 x cute tooshies
2 x swaddlebees AIO
3 x swaddlebees NB OCV
1 x Weenotions NL
1 x weenotion AIO
1 x easy peasy
1 x bum genius
2 x little lamb (bamboo and terry)
1 x kissaluvs
1 x mothercare smart
1 x ellas house
12 muslin squares

Wraps
1 x weenotions XS
1 x weenotions S (which looks massive :rofl: )
3 x tots wrap size 0
2 x mother-ease (1 x airflow and 1 x rikki which both look massive although they are size S)

Wipes
10 x bamboo wipes
20 x bamboo/fleece wipes

Various boosters that came with the new nappies i purchased but a lot of the preloved nappies were sold with out boosters so i purchased some weenotions ones
3 x hemp fleece
3 x bamboo toweling
3 x cotton velour
3 x microfiber

tons of flushable liners
3 x nappi nippas
fairy non bio
and also some medium nappies to be going on with.

what else do i need...? what are wet bags? what is dry pailing, do i need to do it...??? what about solutions to clean babys bum..? How about storing all of these nappies... the draws are over flowing should i soak dirty nappies..?

I feel although i have the nappies i still don't have a clue! :shrug:

Any recommendations - must buys - extra things - general suggestions, useful tips would be gratefully received!!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Blimey you are super organised!!!! :D

I would recommened you buy a nappy bin (pail) with a lid, a mesh bag to go inside for transferring nappies into the washing maching without having to touch them and a wet bag for when you're out and about.

Possibly also an oil like tea tree or lavender for keeping your nappy bin smelling fresh!

x

dry pailing is when you dont put water in the pail/bin so you just put a few drops of tea tree or lavender oil on a dampened muslin and put that an top of any wet/soiled nappies that way you dont have to transfer wet nappies from a bin to the washer - trust me you get water everywhere no matter how careful you are!!!!!!! also some nappies recommend you dont soak them - i think yr not supposed to soak bg's??

i would also buy some disposables for the first couple of weeks as i really wouldnt want to be dealing with sticky horrid poo on all my nice nappies!! and you dont need any extra washing for the first week or so!!

hope this helps hunni

sara

xxxxxxxx

I agree with Sara - have a few disposables ready as you'll be busy the first few weeks!

Agreed on the dry pail/oil on muslin cloth too! :D

Thanks very much guys - greatly appreciated xxxxx

Wilkinsons do toy bin things with lockable lids for £2.99 - they're red and blue and make fantastic nappy bins for loads less than 'real' ones cost x

We have a couple of mesh laundary bags too that act as a bin liner and then you just have to lift the bag out of the bin and stick the whole thing in the washing machine.

Wash in non bio with no fabric conditioner btw xxx

Wow, i have found someone thinking exactly the same way as me.

i also have brought about 14 different types of nappy to try out my stash is currently nearing 60, and i have loads of wraps etc too.

one thing i haven't brought is flushable liners i have gone for fleece ones instead.

you don't need to soak the nappies just dry pail like the others have said.

i still have to buy my mesh laundry bag and wet bags - i'm keeping my eyes peeled for a bargain.

I firmly feel the less is more approach is good. If I'm ever blessed with a buddle of joy I have no intentions of purchasing a, a pram / buggy / stroller, a cot, a baby bath or anything else not needed. New-born bub will be close to mum at all times(all babies love this as it makes them feel secure, loved and cherished:).

Baby wisdom by Deborah Jackson is a mummy after my own heart!

Above all follow your intuition rather than sheep:0)

xoxoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->