What first foods did your LO like best?

jacs

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi,

Well Evan has been having baby porridge once a day for 9 days. It's at the point where he is eating very well, and guiding the spoon himself!
I feel he's ready to move on, and wondered what first foods you found to be successful with your LO?

I'm looking for savoury foods, and thinking of offering sweeter things later.

So what would you recommend, and how often? Do I still continue with the porridge once a day and all his bottles?

Thank you!:flower:

my little girl loved just purreed carrots with a little baby rice to get the consitency nice and smooth to start with, she also loved pureed butternut squash and pureed cauliflower.
i just started her on single veg purees to start with you can see what they do and dont like then, i've been lucky though so far only thing she doesnt like it parsnip.
defo keep offering all the bottles still, that should still be his main source of food, and just try little tastes of the other stuff till his appetite grows, good luck x

Connah loves food in general! he hasnt turned his nose up at anything i have given yet which is great!
We gave him pureed carrot,sweed,sweet potatoe,broccolli and cauliflower in the first few weeks. He loved porridge but we use to add a little homemade fruit jam to it for something a little different.
Like the above poster said,start with single veg purees first to see if you LO likes them.

I would start with one taste everyday,maybe after his lunchtime bottle?
Do that for a few weeks then you could give him a taste after his lunchtime bottle and also his tea time bottle?
then move on to a taste of something after his morning bottle etc.

Just remember to go slow :Dx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->