What formula did you give your breastfed baby? UK

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I am currently exclusively breastfeeding but for a few reasons want to introduce a bottle and wondered what formula your baby took after being breastfed? And if they refused any?

I combifed my DS from 4 month and gave hip organic, i started with Aptamil, but after it gave him upset stomach, i moved to hipp and stayed with it

DS only breast fed for few days and had expressed milk for six weeks while milk was drying up but had no problems with cow and Gate while he was still getting expressed milk.

I used Gerber Goodstart Gentle with my daughter, and Similac Total Comfort with my son.

I tried cow and gate first but it gave lo a bad tummy he woke screaming all night so I swapped to aptimal and he has been fine in that.

Aptamil for us :)

Have you introduced a bottle yet? What did you go with (just curious)? :)

In the UK, they are pretty much all the same, though your baby may prefer one over the other. When we moved on from breastfeeding, we started with Cow and Gate, which worked fine, but I wanted to use Hipp Organic instead. We switched to Hipp and it caused my daughter to have horrible reflux and projectile vomiting after every feed for a week (until it occurred to me that it was probably the new formula that had caused it). We switched back to Cow and Gate and that worked great until we were ready to move on to cow's milk.

My daughter accepted it with no problems, though she did always prefer the ready-to-feed cartons rather than the powder. It does taste a lot better (tastes like soya milk to me whereas the powdered version tastes like rotting cabbage!). If you have trouble getting your LO to accept a bottle, you might try the RTF version in case he/she takes to it better. The powder cartons also have a shelf life of a few weeks once opened (I went through one a week once FF full-time), so if it's only going to be for an occasional bottle, you might find the cartons cause less waste if you aren't going to make it through a whole one before it expires.

We started with SMA comfort but that gave him a bad stomach so we switched to aptamil and he was like a different baby.

I used hipp organic along side pumped boob milk, I'll use it again this time too :)

I'm currently expressing milk & formula feeding baby takes about 5oz of breast milk and then 4oz of formula milk we are currently using cow & gate and he seems happy :) xx

I'm expressing, so she gets booby milk in the day and SMA stage 1 at night...she's always been fine with it. We used Cow & Gate and Aptamil ready to feed bottles (the little 3oz ones that come with the teats) when we were newly home from hospital and she had no objection to those either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->