what goes in my diaper bag?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
First time mama here! I just got my diaper bag and I love it. It came with a little change mat too.

What do you put in it for newborns? I'm going to be baby wearing and cloth diapering, however I will be using disposable diapers when I'm out until the baby is a bit older.

Any advice is great! Thanks!

Extra change of clothes :) diapers, wipes are my standard. Anything else i throw in my baby, bag depends on where I'm heading. Such as small toys, blanket, or a backup bottle/pacifier etc.

Diapers, wipes, a spare change of clothes, a blanket, a few small toys & hand sanitizer.

I always use a blanket on the changing tables in public restrooms, I find the mat that came with my diaper bag is too small.

A few nappies, nappy bags and wipes. A change of clothes for baby. A cloth of some kind for spit ups. A spare blanket or wrap. I usually use one of the side pockets for myself with my keys, wallet, phone, lipstick, spare pad/tampon. If breastfeeding some breastpads and a snack for yourself as well.

When dd was a newborn:
A change of clothes
Diapers
Wipes
Changing pad
Blanket
Washcloths (used them to catch spit up etc)
A toy or two
My nipple shields for breastfeeding
Breastfeeding cover

That's about it.

A diaper for every hour you'll be out - plus a few extra, plenty of wipes, an extra sleeper - or two, I always have an extra bottle on me with an ice pack in the cooler compartment of my diaper bag, I always bring a couple of pacifiers in case one falls on the floor, and I love to throw in an extra Aden + Anais swaddle blanket - it's great to cover the baby in the carseat/stroller, it also works as a cover for breastfeeding, oh, and I always have a burp cloth. Now that LO is a bit older I throw in a small toy or two.

Congrats on beings first time mummy! :happydance:

I would say..

Nappies
Wipes/a muslin square or two
Nappy bags
Hand sanitizer
A dummy and bottle (if you chose to use them)
A change of clothes
Sudocreme (or any other nappy rash cream)
A couple of small toys or teddies
A camera or your phone so you never miss a cute baby snap! :haha:
Breast pads if you are breastfeeding! (Leaky boobies are the worst when you are caught off guard! :haha: )
A blanket can be handy too depending on where you are going and how long you will be out etc :thumbup:

Also for just after you have had baby keeping a fair few sanitary pads is a must! Again incase you get caught out! :dohh:

And that's it I think! Will update if I have missed something out! :haha: :flower:

Thanks everyone!!

I made a list of everyones suggestions. I cant wait to pack it all up!

Thanks for the reminder about breast pads/regular pads... wouldn't wanna be caught without those lol

-healthy stock of diapers for your outting and a healthy stock of wipes to accomodate
-receiving blanket(s) or wash cloths
-change of clothes, I usually put in 2 outfits, more if it's a long outting
-soothers if you use
-feeding necessities I.e formula stock, bottles, liners and or breastfeeding needs
-creams if needed
-small blanket for naps
-clothes or just a top for yourself, just in case :p

Pads! Yes! I missed those, but I usually put those in my purse because theyre more for me lol.
New bra would be a good idea too, just in case there's an excessive leak issue lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->