what happened!?!

jenny873

Reaction score
i was sitting with OH last night and Lilly was asleep in the moses basket, her arms started waving franticly in the air so we both ran over to the basket and they started to move faster she looked like she was having a fit or something, her face was bright red so i thought she must have been choking so i got her out and tipped her on her side then she started letting out little cries but still seemed like she was strugeling breathing. in the end she was ok but it really shook me up! me and OH took turns all night watching her sleep lol sad i know but we were panicing! i just kept thinking what could have happened if we were asleep anybody experienced this x

Oh darling, that must have been so scary for you and OH :hugs:
no idea what it could have been though
I don't think its sad for keeping watch over her, i would have done the same too

Definitely speak to your doctor.
Was it particularly warm in your home? Did she have lots of blankies/clothes layers on?
Babies aren't very good a regulating their temp and can get too warm very quickly which in turn can lead to febrile convulsions - I know too cold/too warm/too stuffy/too drafty seems like it's impossible to find a happy medium but babies quickly build up tolerance and life gets easier.

I think it was very wise of you to keep an eye on her overnight.
Hopefully this was a one off, but as I said mention it to your doctor - better to play safe and for it to be nothing.

:hugs: aww hun that must of been really scarey,

but like the other girls said i would check with the doctor hun.

A similar thing happened to Noah on a couple of occasions. I crapped myself! When asked the doc about it she said it could have been that he'd taken a breath too quickly or something (dust maybe) had got down the back of his throat but as long as it wasn't everyday he would be fine!

I'd still either call you HV or doc just to be 100% safe!

Its very scary cos LO panics & then you panic! They seem to recover quickly were as we jump at every deep breath!

xx

I'd have had a panic attack :blush:

Nothing wrong with watching over her we've been doing it for weeks :blush: again lol

I would speak to HV though just to be sure & feel safe about the situation as Lilbabyboo suggested x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->