What happens after a cycle without ovulating?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with what happens to your cycles after a cycle with no ovulation? Im on CD 24 now and my temps have been up and down and I haven't ovulated. I should start the next cycle in the 4-5 days but I'm not sure what will happen.

I stopped recording my temp each day as it's up and down all the time. I recorded it this morning and it was down again.

Any insight is appreciated thanks!

I'm just unsure if I should count CD1 as the day I start bleeding as I have read it's not really AF but just the break through bleed. Or I could end up not getting AF for awhile. Anyone else had this Happen?

I think I understand your question you'd like to know how to handle an annovulatory cycle as far as charting? If you have breakthrough bleeding count that as your period and start a new chart. Although you didn't ovulate you did shed the lining required to sustain an ovulation and so your body will restart the process of juggling hormones in an attempt to rebuild the lining and get an ovulation going. I had this many times unfortunately :wacko: Have you tried any supplements to get your ovulation going proper?

Thanks pandi. That's exactly what I was after and jut wondering what to expect. I've only charted for 3 cycles and kept track of my cycles (Cycle days, cm etc) for 8 cycles. I've confirmed ovulation since charting and only guessed before then so I don't know if I ovulated each month. I just didn't know what to expect now that I haven't ovulated.
- would AF still come on time?
- would I count what seems like AF as CD1 or would I have a terribly long cycle?
- is my next cycle likely to be "normal" with ovulation occurring when it usually does or would ovulation Likely occur earlier?

I haven't taken anything other than my prenatal which I have now been taking for 6 months :-( I have looked at other items to take but haven't taken anything else as I don't want to mix any of my hormones up in case I go see a doctor later on and they want to know what my body is doing. Did you end up taking anything to help with annovulatory cycles?

Now I'm worried that it may happen again I guess. I wasn't stressed or anything this cycle :-(

Hey Lirpa,

I think I'm staring down the barrel of an anovulatory cycle. I'm not sure though as there are a few factors to consider such as not temping at the same time all the time (early on really), not waking up at the same time and having a disturbed sleep, and not using a BBT thermometer until about 4 days ago when I upgraded from my standard thermometer.

I'm hoping I did ovulate after all, but it's hard to know. First cycle charting.

I can't help you with your question just yet, sorry! I will definitely come back and let you know what happened to me.

I'm just asking you for your expertise in regards to how you knew it was anovulatory?

I'm so scared :( x

I had problems with not being able to temp at the same time each day as we are on holidays. However, even when I have temped at the same time in other cycle I could still see a shift with my temps. So I knew when my temps stayed flat and then started going haywire. Up and down and up again. I haven't felt any ovulation pains. Usually I get a sharp pain in my side. I also didn't get any ewcm this time.

I guess the temps really make me think I haven't ovulated. I also had bleeding at around CD14-15 which is common with a strong ovulation, and also common with anovulatory cycles :-(

Ill know if I'll get AF by early next week. I just hope this doesn't become common as I'm only on month 3 of taking my temperatures.

Edit: in previous cycles I temp'd at the same time each day and could definitely see what day I ovulated. I also sometimes took my temperature at different times during the day and I could still see the temp change.

I have had disturbed sleep as well since being on holidays. Maybe by some Miracle i did ovulate and we caught it but I don't think so as my temperatures don't look like it.

Hi I'm fairly sure I had this last cycle I never temp before only just started this month so can't say for def but I had a much lighter bleed I counted the first day I bled as cd1 I started temping this month n looks like I've ov going by the chart only Change I notice until now apart from the light bleed was I ov few days earlier. Last two months I've had a week of ewcm which is another reason I thought I may not have ov like my body was trying but failing - this month only a couple of days and a definite + on the opk xx hope this helps

Thanks pandi. That's exactly what I was after and jut wondering what to expect. I've only charted for 3 cycles and kept track of my cycles (Cycle days, cm etc) for 8 cycles. I've confirmed ovulation since charting and only guessed before then so I don't know if I ovulated each month. I just didn't know what to expect now that I haven't ovulated.
- would AF still come on time? If you are having annovulatory cycles unfirtunatly anything goes :nope: Hoefully you will get breakthrough bleeding so your hormone cycle will reset and try again. Otherwise women and doctors take various drugs to "force a period" to reset it for you. Progesterone use for several days and then stopping has been know to stimulate a period as well as taking ahormonal balancing supplement in general. For some women they have to go to a doctor and get prescribed something much stronger and therefore with more side effects:wacko:
- would I count what seems like AF as CD1 or would I have a terribly long cycle? If it is more than spotting count it as cd 1.
- is my next cycle likely to be "normal" with ovulation occurring when it usually does or would ovulation Likely occur earlier? There is no way of knowing if a bad cycle is a one time occurrence or if you will continue to have issues. It is shown statistically that women who have one off cycle are 5 times as likely to have additional cycles that have issues.

I haven't taken anything other than my prenatal which I have now been taking for 6 months :-( I have looked at other items to take but haven't taken anything else as I don't want to mix any of my hormones up in case I go see a doctor later on and they want to know what my body is doing. Did you end up taking anything to help with annovulatory cycles? I also didn't want to take anything that mimicked hormones and so tried things that only balanced hormones. Soy products mimick estrogen and so I steered clear of them. I did try maca and vitex and vitex worked best for me personally. Both products are adrenal axis regulators and don't mimick any hormones. What that means is the 3 primary glands responsible for all the hormones that regulate ovulation and the hormones required to sustain a pregnancy once an egg is fertilized are stimulated to produce just the correct amount on their own for a healthy cycles. The pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and thyroid are easily disrupted by stress and outside exposure to oestrogens in our food and health products. Maca and vitex both help them to balance themselves so your body can ovulate properly and everything that follows- hopefully! The are very safe and should not interfere with an future fertility steps you may or may not take. They do take a few cycles to really work so if you want to try either give yourself 3 cycles to really see results.

Now I'm worried that it may happen again I guess. I wasn't stressed or anything this cycle :-(
Sometimes our bodies just don't cooperate! Just keep temping and try something new after you do your research :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->