What happens at a postnatal check?

xLaura

Reaction score
Hey ladies, I've got my postnatal check on Friday and was just wandering what they actually check lol. Do they examine your 'bits' or anything?

It's more of a chat really to see how you're feeling, if you have any worries and they took my blood pressure. I also got my contraception sorted at this appointment too. Mine was a section, and they checked my scar, she said if I'd had a vaginal I would have been checked - but I don't know anymore than that.

I didn't take my LO to my check... In my area they have their own check by the midwives and health visitors in the days when I got home from hospital then at her 6 week appointment. They briefly weighed her at my 2 week sign off with the midwife but my 6 week check was different to hers.

X

I didn't take my baby to my 6 week check either, that was a separate appointment with the doctor at the baby clinic. And also they do check you down below, I wasn't asked, it'd just something they do to check your cervix and uterus have gone back to normal. I suppose you could probably say no if you didn't want them to. I also got my pill then as well xx

Cheers ladies. My baby had his check seperetly so ano he won't be checked tomoz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->