What happens to your body after a miscarriage?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hi! I recently had a mmc and have since been looking for information on what the body does afterwards. You know those diagrams that show you what your body does during your cycle, rise and fall of hormones, opening and closing of the cervix and so on? I'm looking for something like that for after a miscarriage, has anyone seen something similar? Or read a really good breakdown of what the body does, ie how soon can you expect the cervix to close, when will hcg have left the system, what happens after the bleeding stops etc? It'd be great if anyone had any links or info for me. Thanks!

you generally wont O until your HCG reaches below 5. Not to say that wont happen before, but generally its that way. Sometimes you may not O at all on a m/c cycle- I didnt. I bled a long time though. As far as how fast it will drop- it all matters on how far along you were and what your level was when you lost the baby. It drops at about the same level it rises, it can vary though. I had a + HPT Sept 20, by Nov 3 it was still + but faint, Nov 7 it was negative. again i bled a long time and Wylders HB stopped at 6w3d. Your cervix will slowly close after you "birth" the baby. With a D&C it may be different, i didnt have one.

Wylder was "born" Sept 23, I was bleeding about 2-3w before that. I bled until Oct 2. Bled again 22-23. off and On spotting in between that. Then had more spotting and bleeding Nov 9-16. Then had a 25d cycle with bleeding throughout. FINALLY Dec 11 I had a normal cycle and O'd very late- BFN

HTH~

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->