What has the world come to??? sorry rant

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by jentomo, Dec 14, 2009.

1. jentomo

jentomo my to 1 and 1 on the way

Hi lovely ladies merry christmas.

Just having a moan really about two things that have bugged me over the weekend.

1. Went to a friends house/christmas party, and my husband mate was introducing us to others and refered to me as Chris's (husbands Name) heavily pregnant wife. I was like i am not heavily pregnant im only 6 months. With a neat noticeable bump. So every one was drunk and loads of weomen who i dont know, came up and started touching the bump. Which I don't mind with close friends or family. But not strangers and they were giving lots of advice which wasn't very appreciated.

2. Once i told them that i was having a boy they wanted to know what his name will be so i told them Daniel and they came out with is it after Danyl of the X factor. So my reply was NO IT IS NOT, IS THAT ALL EVERY ONE THINKS ABOUT NOW A DAYS.

I mean what on earth has happened to everyone. Do you get bothered about things that people say or do to you whilst pregnant?

2. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

sometimes things irritate me more than others you know

best thing is to try not to let it bother you at all, as you have much more important things to spin round your brain thatn other peoples half arsed comments

my worst one just now is people telling me i must be fed up/wanting it over - actually no i am loving every minute of my pregnancy lol

3. Rory

Rory Well-Known Member

You know, I just started getting a little bit of a bump, but I know I am going to freak out if some creepy stranger touches me without permission. Can you imagine someone doing that if you weren't pregnant? I think I would be irritated if someone called me "heavily pregnant" too. What does that even mean? :dohh:

4. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

I really cant stand to be around drunk people any more! they totally do my head in! Always a stupid comment or them shrugging something off that you have said. Id rather sit at home with my dog! she talks less rubbish! Dont listen to their opinions on the babys name, daniel is timeless. Im sure you have more imagination than to name your baby after a stupid reality show runner up :) x

5. cb1

cb1 Well-Known Member

I have the name Daniel on my shortlist too - and not because of the X factor either!!!

The thing that I've found most annoying is people staring at my stomach, I'm not big enough for people to start touching it yet, but one of my work collegues looks at it constantly and it drives me nuts!!

6. ilovecocopops

ilovecocopops Well-Known Member

HaHa! I wouldnt say someone was heavily pregnant till they were about to pop! I wouldnt ever dare ask someone about being pregnant unless i was 100% sure that they were, Just incase they were just on the larger side. How embarrassing would that be! :haha:

7. MrsJD

MrsJD Little Fighter On Board

Firstly Daniel is a lovely name (my son's name :) ) some people eh, I too hate being around drunks at the moment and have had a weekend full of them, xmas lunch with work last friday and I've been off for 8 weeks as hand is in cast, then a 30th on saturday night :(

XXXX

8. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I've never seen x-factor. I think Daniel is a very nice name.