What has your 12-18 month old eaten today?

xxxLeoxxx

Reaction score
DS is 13.5 months old and still doesn't seem to be eating enough to me. I am still giving him 2 x 9oz bottles of formula a day as I'm so concerned about his nutrition. This has been going on since he was about 10 months so I'm pretty sure it's not just a phase.

So I thought I'd start a thread to see what others young toddlers are eating and how it compares...

Today, DS has eaten:

Breakfast: about 5 baby spoons on porridge (very reluctantly), a couple of chunks of banana and a petit filous

Snack: an innocent smoothie pouch (I've just started giving these to get some fruit into him)

Alex is 16 months and so far today he's had:-
Breakfast: fruit loaf toast, strawberries and yoghurt.
Snack: rice cakes in buggy.
Lunch: currently munching on a chicken sandwich. Not sure about pudding yet.
Dinner will be stuffed courgettes and tomatoes and macaroni wih grated cheese.
It sounds as though your LO is doing fine to me, sometimes Alex doesn't eat much at all and almost always a load of his meal ends up on the floor! His older brother is a terribly picky eater though so I know how worrying it can be x

Forgot to mention that there is a thread in toddler section "what did your toddler eat today" that has some great ideas for snacks and meals if you ever want some inspiration!

My daughter is pretty much a bottomless pit, which I very much credit to doing BLW. She doesn't love everything (for instance, she won't eat certain types of lentils and she won't eat fish), but she tries most things and she likes things that even some adults won't eat, like olives, dried seaweed, pickled cauliflower, quinoa, etc.

Yesterday she had:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs and buttered toast (though she ignored the toast and ate her eggs plus half of mine)
Snack - a couple oatcakes plus an Ella's kitchen yogurt pouch
Lunch - A bit of cheese and onion sandwich, a big pot of blueberries, and a little bit of daddy's ice cream (we were at a food festival)
Snack - cup of milk (about 6 oz)
Dinner - mac and cheese with chard, a bit of roast chicken, some more blueberries
She also has another cup of milk (about 6 oz) before bed

Today so far:

Breakfast - huge bowl of porridge (literally all of one of those Quaker quick oats packets - a whole adult sized portion) and a small bit of banana, some of my smoothie

She's in nursery during the day so not sure what she's having, but tonight for dinner, she'll probably have some baked beans on toast or some pasta, not sure yet.

I can't recommend enough just offering lots of different things, even things you don't think he'll eat. You might hit on something he really likes. For instance, my daughter loves olives! You wouldn't think a baby would, but she grabbed one once while we were eating at Pizza Express and then went on to eat the whole bowl. Also, when it doubt, fresh fruit and yogurt always works. I don't buy any yogurts as they mostly all have added sugar and other junk, even the kid ones. I use natural full fat yogurt and add some fruit puree to it. Also, finger food type fruits, like grapes, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, etc. are really healthy and really sweet right now as they're in season. They aren't cheap, but it's a nice thing to get them to eat, especially if you have a picky eater.

Breakfast-
6oz formula
Then a while later 3 squares of mango
2 triangles of toast

Snack
2 sticks of cucumber

Lunch
Tuna pasta with mayo sweetcorn (small bowl)

3pm 4oz formula
Ginger nut biscuit

Dinner is beans on toast at about 6 because she had late nap x
1/2 pack wotsits

Spread cheese on toast for breakfast.
Snack: milk 7oz
Dinner: fish fingers, mash and broccoli
Snack: milk 7oz slice of malt loaf
Tea: will be chicken, salad and baby potatoes.

Note, we did blw and she doesn't eat everything, a lot goes on the floor. Some days she just wants milk and that's it, some days she's a dustbin

Ollie isn't quite a toddler but as he's nearly 12 months and has a good appetite ill join in.

Bfast: 3/4 of a wee tabac with warmed cows milk

Snack: Raisins

Lunch: mashed up egg with butter. A small yoghurt.

Snack: a handful of Organic tomato and herb puff crisps

Dinner: lemon sole, carrots and potato

He also has a 7 oZ bottle morning and night.

Lo is 12 months.
6oz formula after waking
breakfast: biscuit and gravy and scrambled egg, 3oz whole milk (I'm in US and I think biscuit means something different in UK)
snack:yogurt
lunch: macaroni and cheese, tried rice and chicken but she only ate 3 bites and gave her mandarin orange slices but she spit that out

afternoon snack will be a banana with peanut butter (she will usualy just eat about half a small banana)
dinner will be meatloaf and cream potatoes, milk

she'll have another formula bottle before bed

I worry about her food intake too. Some days she'll not want anything but purees and formula. So far, today has been a pretty good day food wise.

My dd is yonger but I want to join in! She eats like a horse :p

Breakfast: porridge and banana, 2 strawberries.
Snack: Ella's kitchen pouch (the yellow one) couple of carrot puffs
Lunch: spaghetti carbonara followed by some grapes and 2 rice cakes
6oz bottle after nap.
Dinner: cheese and ham pizza made on a square wrap with some baby corn. Chunk of banana and a peppa pig yoghurt.
6oz bottle before bed :)

Thanks for your replies.

I do offer a lot of different foods but I've come to the conclusion its not what I'm giving him it's something else. No matter what is on the menu he always has a maximum of 5 spoonfuls then pushes the spoon away and cries. Except from yoghurt and rice pudding which he eats without an issue.

In the past couple of days he's also pushing the spoon away before he's even tried what's on offer. He wants to take the spoon off me and feed himself which is fine by me but nothing actually goes in his mouth so he's still not eating anything.

Maybe it's just something I have to wait out?!

DD2 eats pretty much anything I give her..it was DD1 that was very picky and didnt much at all..The doctors werent concerned about it though..it lasted until she turned 2 years old

So far DD2 has had

apple crisp for breakfast

pasta and marinara sauce for lunch

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner

Ollie went through a spell for about a month where literally all he would eat was yoghurt and pasta. That was it. It was very frustrating! We were told to go back to basics but be hated that too haha.

In the end he just woke up one day and decided to eat again.

I'm so surprised at the foods your kids eat. My boy, Ryan is 15.5 months old and will still ONLY EAT PUREE FOODS!!! Even though he has 12 teeth already!! (including top and bottom molars!!)

I could never give Ryan mac and cheese or tuna pasta, he would just spit it all out! I have to puree whatever food I make for him and then set him infront of the TV with Barney on and put a whole of different toys infront of him and then quickly feed him.

I give him finger snacks like: banana piece, apple wedges, orange wedges, biscuits, bacon strips which he kind of eats.

Naomi didn't really, really start eating until about 16 months.. Now at 18 months she will eat what I give her, but still prefers to nurse.

Dylan pretty much eats what we eat.

Today is :

Breakfast - Slice of toast with lemon curd, 4 cherries and some raisins.

Lunch - Half a ham sandwich, few crisps, few cheese cubes and some cherries.

Tea - We treated ourself to fish and chips. He had a few chips, some of our fish (no batter) and some beans. For desert he had a mini apple pie. Proper treat day today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->