• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What have you been craving?

Kiwiberry

Mommy to 3 beautiful girls & 2 adorable boys!
Reaction score
As the title says, what have yoju been craving?

For me, I can't seem to get enough pickles, apples, and especially oranges! I eat them constantly when they're available. I even drink the pickle juice, something I never did before :haha:.

FYI, the refrigerated Claussen brand pickles are Simply the Best!

Last edited:
Not much room in my tummy these days, hehe, but I have been craving carrot cake! I'm planning to get all the stuff to make one this weekend, too. My cravings seem to change weekly, sweets have really dominated this last part of pregnancy whereas in the beginning I wanted spicy and salty stuff constantly.

I know what you mean about the sweets! I craved them constantly in the 1st and 2nd trimester. Thank God I'm not craving them as much anymore because I have a feeling I'm going to fail my 3-hour GD test (had it last pregnancy & diabetes runs in my family). Btw - interesting fact about pickles, they're a negative calorie snack like celery!

I hope you enjoy your carrot cake, it's one of my favorite types of cake too.

Another vote for sweets! Cake, pie, cookies, candy... it's embarassing how little self control I have. I think I will pass my GD test Monday despite all of this because I already take Metformin because of my PCOS.

I also crave all forms of potato, but then I always do. ;) Eating a lot of Honeycrisp apples too.

Agree that Clausen pickles are the best (especially the baby dills), but I'm not craving pickles.

Honeycrisp apples are the best!! I hate how expensive they are though, $13 for 6 of them! :(

Miss: as for GD, you don't get GD because of your diet. For example in my case I don't eat a lot of sweets but I still might have it. Or your weight either. It's genetic honestly. I'm sure those two factors increase the risk slightly but honestly I think it's more genetic than anything . You might be in luck and not actually have to worry about it even if you didn't have the medication.

I did have some Halloween candy though, I'm so bad :haha:.

I'm worried because my grandmother has Type 1 diabetes and my mother has Type 2 diabetes. I didn't know this before but Native Americans have a much higher risk of developing diabetes and my entire family on my mother's side is Native American...... I feel like someday I'm going to develop type 2 diabetes :(.

Last edited:
Honeycrisp apples are the best!! I hate how expensive they are though, $13 for 6 of them! :(

Miss: as for GD, you don't get GD because of your diet. For example in my case I don't eat a lot of sweets but I still might have it. Or your weight either. It's genetic honestly. I'm sure those two factors increase the risk slightly but honestly I think it's more genetic than anything . You might be in luck and not actually have to worry about it even if you didn't have the medication.

I did have some Halloween candy though, I'm so bad :haha:.

I'm worried because my grandmother has Type 1 diabetes and my mother has Type 2 diabetes. I didn't know this before but Native Americans have a much higher risk of developing diabetes and my entire family on my mother's side is Native American...... I feel like someday I'm going to develop type 2 diabetes :(.

I have kept my eyes out for honeycrisp sales, the best I’ve done is $1.77/lb. They keep well in the refrigerator.
Clausens are expensive here, almost $4 per jar.

Interesting that diet doesn’t cause GD but part of treatment if you have it is definitely what you eat, right?
My mom also has type 2 which she got in her 50’s I think.

My main anti-craving is still big pieces of meat or eggs. Ew. lol.

Salt and vinegar potato chips. Lots of them. And caramelized onion hummus with white pita bread. Very random weird things that I could take or leave in day-to-day life.

Tea! It's my one constant when I'm pregnant. I normally am addicted to diet sodas and coffee, but when I am expecting, it's all about the tea for me. Half sweet, half unsweet!

I have kept my eyes out for honeycrisp sales, the best I’ve done is $1.77/lb. They keep well in the refrigerator.
Clausens are expensive here, almost $4 per jar.

Interesting that diet doesn’t cause GD but part of treatment if you have it is definitely what you eat, right?
My mom also has type 2 which she got in her 50’s I think.

My main anti-craving is still big pieces of meat or eggs. Ew. lol.
Yeah, with GD you can't have any sugar and very limited carbs on a timed schedule. They also make you keep a record of what yoiu eat and your blood sugar levels (testing with a meter). Just a quick snippet from Google on why it happens: "During pregnancy, the placenta makes hormones that can lead to a buildup of glucose in your blood. Usually, your pancreas can make enough insulin to handle that. If not, your blood sugar levels will rise and can cause gestational diabetes.".

Also if diet really did cause GD I'd be a little weirded out. I was on a low-carb low-sugar diet for most of this pregnancy. I've definitely been slacking a little bit here and there though :haha:. I was on the diet because during pregnancy I seem to gain a lot of weight for no reason, the diet didn't help prevent the weight gain :(. Now I'm a firm believer that my body just hates me. The diet that I was personally using for myself is even more strict than what they would stick me on for GD.

I've been able to find honeycrisp apples at $1.49 per pound and Claussen pickles if they're on sale for 2 for $5 or 4 for $10.

I agree, fruits last longer in the fridge. That's why I always stick my fruits in the fridge except for bananas. I also love the taste of cold apples.

Last edited:
Lately it's been sourdough doughnuts or sweets for me. Oh and cereal, I've got a thing for munching on various cereals at any given time of the day lol!

I've never heard of a sourdough donut. Is that a regional thing or have I been living in a hole? :D

I forgot that I also have regular cravings for small burgers and french fries, like the ones from McDonald's that just have a little onion, ketchup, mustard, and pickle.

I was very good today and just had one burger and no fries. =D>

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->