What have you got/still need for Baby?!

PinkP

Pregnant with my 1st baby
Reaction score
So are you ready? Super-organised? Still have things to do?

Think this would be fun to read over other mum to be's lists to see if we have forgotten anything :haha:

Cot - Done
Cot Mobile - Done
Cot bumper, blankets etc - NOT DONE
Cot Mattress - NOT DONE
Moses Basket - Done
Moses Stand - Done
Bottles & Teats - Done
Steriliser - Done
Warmer - Done
Baby Clothes - Half Done/Half NOT :)
Soothers - NOT DONE

I'll have to add to this, as I have to go have a look . . .

Ohmygosh lol I have NOTHING at all really. My baby shower is next weekend and I know I'll get more. So far we've bought our travel system and some odd clothes and bits.

My mother has purchased our crib mattress, a baby bouncer, a bath, a bedding set, and some blankets.

After my baby shower my mother is giving us $500 and I can't wait because I'll order our nursery furniture right away. I'm so anxious to get her room all set up!

I just need the mattress & to do the soft furnishings in babys room

dh needs to build all the furniture that arrived today - suspect that may take a few weeks hehe!

I have the crib, the bedding set, the travel system, the swing, lots of clothes and diapers... and thats about it...

Still have to get the rest of the furniture and all the other crap babies need. lol

But like Braven, my shower is next week, so when thats over with, I'll know exactly what I have left to buy and I can finish up!

Car Seat - Done! (today!)
Car Sucky Sticker - DONE!! - - its a little blue t-shirt with ' Little Dude On Board' - so FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (was so excited by this, sorry!!)
Buggy/Pram - NOT DONE
Baby Press - tomorrow will be done
Wall Sticker - will be done when hubby agrees to give into the name I've chosen for our lil guy :D :D

Lovely of your Mum Braven - will be so exciting when you can do the nursery!! Do you have a list of everything you want/need to get?
Its crazy when you go shopping (with the money of course!!!) you see SO MUCH and want to buy EVERYTHING! :D :D

I have everything and it's all set up for when this stubborn little miss decides to make an appearance.. I'm a week over so far hope shes not set up camp for much longer..

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancies :) xxx

I need a baby bath - think i may be getting it as a gift though =/
baby towels - might just use hand towels

I still need a baby thermometer, nail clippers =/
I need to buy bottled formula for hospital

I also need baby monitor - if baby is going to be sleeping in my room for first few months is this needed straight away?

I also need baby monitor - if baby is going to be sleeping in my room for first few months is this needed straight away?

Thats the only thing I don't have because I won't be leaving her on her own..
You probs won't use it till baby is in their own room Hun

Xxx

thanks!! they are expensive too! I think someone should buy me one for a gift har har =p

Thats the only thing I don't have because I won't be leaving her on her own..
You probs won't use it till baby is in their own room Hun

Xxx

Same here . . He will be sleeping in the same room as me so didn't bother getting one

Car Seat - Done! (today!)
Car Sucky Sticker - DONE!! - - its a little blue t-shirt with ' Little Dude On Board' - so FREAKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (was so excited by this, sorry!!)
Buggy/Pram - NOT DONE
Baby Press - tomorrow will be done
Wall Sticker - will be done when hubby agrees to give into the name I've chosen for our lil guy :D :D

Lovely of your Mum Braven - will be so exciting when you can do the nursery!! Do you have a list of everything you want/need to get?
Its crazy when you go shopping (with the money of course!!!) you see SO MUCH and want to buy EVERYTHING! :D :D

Yes, I have a list somewhere lol but I feel like I just keep adding to it. THe nursery furniture is really big for me...the little stuff will come. I bought some wooden letters that spell out her name the other day and have painted them and have decorating plans...but I need #1 - the furniture and #2 - the room to be cleaned out lol

I have everything done..wohoo, i dont need to get another thing unless i want it. Her room is done maybe a little over done..lol...her clothes are washed and organized and put away, ton of diapers and wipes to last for months, bottles and formula ( if i need it) as well as have her coming home outfit ready and picked out.
the only thing i have not done is pack hospital bags for us.

I have to admit I have everything and bought it all by about 22 weeks! The nursery is ready and I have even packed my hospital bag :blush: In fact there is only one thing still on my list and that is nursing bras (haven't got a clue what size to get - I keep outgrowing bras :growlmad:)

I wont be getting the cotbed and any furniture until she actually goes into her own room as I dont have the money....I have everything else though and I am in the middle of decorating her room. I think I need one more moses basket blanket and bottom sheets and that is it!

Bouncer - done!
Comforter - done!

Ooooooohhhh, Labour Bag - SO NOT DONE!!! Not even started, wi do that maybe next week or the week after . .

Only need a cot mattress which is no rush as he'll be in the Moses basket in my room for a while nursery is pretty much sorted, decorated and looking like a real live nursery. just needs the new stuff we were given as a gift putting away and we are ready, hospital bags are ready and waiting too. Not bad considering we only moved in yesterday!!

We have nothing yet apart from 3 little outfits that my Mum has bought! I know exactly what we are getting, though, so it's just a matter of ordering it all. We're going to do the pram/car seat tomorrow so that will be our first big purchase! Then next weekend Mum and I are doing a big baby essentials shop and then I guess I'll order the nursery stuff in the next couple of weeks, although the room isn't ready for it all to go in yet. I'm excited to start getting everything now and will be on mat leave next month to get everything ready, yay :)

I've got most things...main things left to get are car seat, rocking chair (for me :p) and soft furnishings for crib. Not doing babys room up until we know what we have as they will be in our room for at least 6months

Just ordered some freezer trays for milk from amazon - they seemed useful, but who knows. Otherwise, one thing we don't have are diapers - we have enough for about two weeks of few different brands - just to test them out and see if little guy's bum prefers one brand over the other. All items are purchased and organized at this point - we also have overdone it a tad (a cosleeper, a bedroom wood crib, 2 traveling cribs and another less fancy crib for grandma's house - seriously!!! and they were all gifts, too).

When I was born, I had no room for myself, no crib and maybe three outfits. Also a few bottles and the ugliest stroller mom could find in the entire former Yugoslavia. No car seat, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->