What I learned in the 1st Tri.

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
This is my last week here and I wanted to give some tips and little nuggets of info in hopes of maybe it helping someone along the way.

I was lucky enough to not have any MS at all. I did however get queasy here and there and found that home-made ginger tea is a God send! I used a little piece of raw ginger (peeled or not) in a steaming cup of hot water with lemon and honey to taste. There was about a week long time where it really helped to soothe my belly AND get rid of bloating.

It's ok to get emotional and hate your SO. I got so so mad when he brought home the wrong pickles at week 6.. it was only week 6!! I did not think I was gong to be one of those emotional criers...especially over pickles. He was definitely understanding and loving even though I secretly hated his face for a few days over those damn pickles! :haha:

Its ok to buy maternity clothes early on. I think I was only about 8 weeks when the bloat made it hard to fit into jeans... why me?!! Regardless of what anyone says I found them comfortable and forgiving. Plus it helped me to distinguish sizes. .. those maternity stores are like a whole new land! :wacko:

Bleeding Happens. Listen to your doctor! At wk 7.5 I went to pee and wiped more blood then I cared to see. Being this is my first I had no clue what was going on. Luckily my OB took me right in and everything was great. At week 10 I had even more bleeding. The on call doc (was after hours) told me to stay home and said if it was not enough blood to soak 1 pad per hour then not to worry :saywhat: I was so scared (screw the doc, what dies he know haha) I went to the ER anyway for piece of mind. Again, everything was ok and baby was measuring +2 days!
In hindsight I knew the doc was right. They see this all the time. Take their advice. If the bleeding doesn't stop/intensifies then definitely go to the ER.

Lastly, take it easy. I work as an nurse assistant at the hospital and I'm on my feet all. The. Time. I told almost everyone early on that I was pregnant. I need to take care of myself and baby now so asking for help moving patients is ok. If you need to eat every hour that's fine too. (I was so hungry bw weeks 8 and 10 that I was eating full meals every half hour)

Hope this helps someone along the way. I wish you all a beautiful, healthy journey during yourpregnancies! :flower:

Thank you so much for sharing! Definitely will help us! I've been intermediately spotting since Friday night and worried, I'm glad you shared about your experience ��

This was very helpful! Thanks so much and best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->