What (if any) vitamins are you taking?

RyliesMummy

Mum of 2 & Pregnant
Reaction score
I saw the DR on Wednesday and she told me to start taking folic acid, I didn't have a clue which ones to get so just grabbed the pregnacare original as they said 'Through all of pregnancy & breast feeding' and had Folic Acid in big letters on the front!

Whats everyone else taking? I feel like these ones are giving me stomach ache, I'm taking them as I'm supposed to, on a full stomach, but still get it anyone else like this?

I take a prenatal multi, it has vitamins & minerals in it, I had to change brands once as the first ones I took were giving me headaches in the back of my head :/ but the new ones have been fineI made sure to get one with iron in it too, as I don't eat much meat. and I also take I calcium vitamin (baby's going to need lots of that), as with the iron in the other it does not have the calcium in it. You can't take them at the same time as the calcium stops you absorbing the iron.

this is the list I found online to give me guide lines on what to look for in my vitamins.
400 mcg of folic acid
400 IU of vitamin D
200 to 300 mg of calcium
70 mg of vitamin C
3 mg of thiamine
2 mg of riboflavin
20 mg of niacine
6 mcg of vitamin B12
10 mg of vitamin E
15 mg of zinc
17 mg of iron

Im also taking the pregncare ones :) When i remember to pop the pill...

folic ones and some that have to take all my life for pain in my upper step ( thats the bottom of my foot for people that do not know)

I stopped taking the prenatal multivits as they gave me terrible constipation and tummy ache i just eat a balanced healthy diet with lots of fruit and veg the doc gives me folic acid on prescription and i just bought some b12 as im vegi an b12 is mainly from meat I just could not cope any longer with the constipation!

I couldn't stand another horse pill so I'm taking them in gummy form! It's a brand called Vitafusion PreNatal. Just says DHA, Folic Acid, and Multivitamin. My ob said it's fine and they taste like gumdrops.

I'm taking pregnacare plus coz of the additional omega 3 capsule..I read that the iron in prenatal vitamins can cause tummy ache ..I got a prescription off doc for folic acid they're tiny tabs so easier 2 take if ur nauseous ..iv stopped the pregnacare this wk as tabs quite big an feel too sick 2 swallow them ..hope this is useful xx

Ooh and also ur not supposed 2 take vit A when pregnant xx

Yeah I heard that one about the vitamin A.
My Doc wouldn't give me a prescription for some reason and I didn't want to wait until I see the midwife as thats not until 23rd Feb! x

Pregnacare duo (I eat very little fish so wanted the omega 3) and an extra folic acid on days I've not eaten many greens :)

I just started taking an Rx one, Duet DHA, by a company called Stuart. It's one pill + a DHA capsule. I have been taking store brand vitamins + folic + calcium + a pregnancy DHA, now just the prenatals and a good diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->