What If There Was No Formula?

Yes over comer there would be a market for it like formula.

sadly nelly not all do follow regulations you just hope they do. I understand screening of woman for breastmilk though and why its done. But there really is a mountain of mistrust towards humans own milk in favor for cows. Its just how formula companies has effected society to.

You blindly trust the farmer and a formula company that you dont know but not another mum handing you milk basically.

Take a look at my post again and you will see that I trust a farmer who must follow strict guidelines before a stranger who doesn't have guidelines to follow if it is an informal milk sharing. I wouldn't buy milk right from a farm, but if it is in a grocery store, it must comply with regulations.

Surely it depends where in the world the formula companies are getting their milk from. The UK, Canada, the US might have loads of regulations but who is to say the formula companies are getting it from those countries? Considering profit is the overall aim, it could well be the cows are in third world countries as the formula companies would then only pay a pittance and well then who knows what regulations there are.

I dont know the truth but just throwing that out there.

You blindly trust the farmer and a formula company that you dont know but not another mum handing you milk basically.

Take a look at my post again and you will see that I trust a farmer who must follow strict guidelines before a stranger who doesn't have guidelines to follow if it is an informal milk sharing. I wouldn't buy milk right from a farm, but if it is in a grocery store, it must comply with regulations.
Do you know how many production steps formula goes through after the ingredients leave the farmer?

Do you know how many production steps formula goes through after the ingredients leave the farmer?

This is my choice and is what I think is best for my family. My child is 1. I breastfed her for over ten months. she will be formula fed until she is 2. I am quite happy with my decisions. :) I am allowed to have the opinion (supported by my doctor and lactation consultant) that formula was the better option/safer for us than donor milk.

This is my choice and is what I think is best for my family. My child is 1. I breastfed her for over ten months. she will be formula fed until she is 2. I am quite happy with my decisions. :) I am allowed to have the opinion (supported by my doctor and lactation consultant) that formula was the better option/safer for us than donor milk.
I didn't ask about your choice, nor did I doubt your devotion to your child. I was wondering if people know how many formula production steps there are. I only know vaguely.

FDA description of both variations of Infant Formula Processing:

https://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/03/briefing/3939b1_tab4b.htm

I'm not naive enough to believe that people will just offer their milk and not expect money in return.

Why not, people have been giving their blood for free for years.

Because I don't see people giving away food for free and that is what breastmilk is!!!!! Blood isn't free to the person who has to receive it either!!!! My dad is in debt thousands of dollars because he has to get blood...so again I stand by what I say. And blood donation isn't free. You have still have someone to pay to screen the stuff for disease and stuff. I wouldn't take unscreened blood.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6.191746188027&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
Came up on my news feed, hormone and steroid cows. The ones your milk comes from. I think people should be cautious if you are going to say donor milk is unsafe you dont actually know where your formula came from either. you only assume its ok and trust it. I do wish donor was trusted more, mums who donate arnt out to poison your baby.

Because I don't see people giving away food for free and that is what breastmilk is!!!!! Blood isn't free to the person who has to receive it either!!!! My dad is in debt thousands of dollars because he has to get blood...so again I stand by what I say. And blood donation isn't free. You have still have someone to pay to screen the stuff for disease and stuff. I wouldn't take unscreened blood.

In the US, but in the UK it is free to donate and receive blood. People do it because they want to help others, they want to stop needless deaths and so on that principal they would be willing to donate milk to stop babies dying.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...6.191746188027&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
Came up on my news feed, hormone and steroid cows. The ones your milk comes from. I think people should be cautious if you are going to say donor milk is unsafe you dont actually know where your formula came from either. you only assume its ok and trust it. I do wish donor was trusted more, mums who donate arnt out to poison your baby.

I dont think either should be blindly trusted tbh.

true, no one should be. I just see that people blindly trust formula with out a question and not donor human milk. Even some wouldnt go near donor milk. It baffles me. AS I said earlier I understand screening and why its done.

I'm done with this...I'm just agreeing to disagree and moving on. It's the same attitude on every thread around here lately..

yes, FF are stupid and haven't done their "research" same old shit

In my mind it's weird that we drink milk from cows but human milk is so taboo. My OH has drank my milk tbh and it didn't weird me out at all. I just don't find human milk any weirder than I find cows milk.

yes, FF are stupid and haven't done their "research" same old shit

Can I remind you of the rules
Rudeness, flaming or trolling is not tolerated on, or about, BabyandBump or its members. Any member who is intentionally disruptive may have their account restricted or banned without warning.

I strongly believe that a large of the population hasn't done any "research" on where any of their food comes from. I just clicked a few months ago that battery farms aren't just for hens, bacon comes from battery farmed pigs and that opened up a huge can of worms for me. The dairy industry in NZ is HUGE and extremely corrupt and been on the news lots at the moment.. there are big "evil" companies running it and they definitely are cutting corners, we provide quite a lot of milk I believe it is our biggest export and our formula is sold around the world. It's sad that we aren't able to blindly trust where our food comes from, any of it! Look at the horse meat thing in the UK recently.

I've fed my DD my friends "unscreened" milk when I ran out of my freezer stash and needed to go to class. The fact that is willing to feed it to her own baby was enough for me. I would gladly donate milk to anyone in my community and have donated my unscreened milk to many people. I'm not saying everyone has to accept unscreened milk at all, I wouldn't object to it being screened prior to use but I have had my blood screened by donors.

Neither are women who choose to feed their baby's formula. Until there is a regulated, accountable affordable source of breastmilk then i guess i'll be choosing the jacked up cows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->