What is aplix fastening?

Lol78

Reaction score
What is aplix?
Which are the best fasteners?
I have put some nippas in my basket, can I use these to tighten or secure nappies with say aplix or popper fastening?

if you have aplix or poppers you wont need the nippers

aplix is basically velcro

everyone has their own preference to fasteners chick x

Thank you sezzlebum.
I was just wondering if velcro was more adjustable than poppers?
I'm just going to try a few and see what I prefer.

with aplix you can usually get a better fit,
i prefer poppers now but when aimee was smaller i used aplix.
good idea to try a few diff types :)

yea as said aplix is just velcro - sometimes it's called hook and loop too. You can't say 'velcro' because it's a brand. As sez said you don't need nippas if there are aplix or popper fastening. I don't mind either fastening tbh but do agree you can get a better fit with aplix because it's easy to adjust.

you deffo get a better fit with velcro but poppers look nice for longer whereas velcro can go grey and get bits stuck in it etc, i always get velcro though

x

yea as said aplix is just velcro - sometimes it's called hook and loop too. You can't say 'velcro' because it's a brand.

I thought that it was velcro, but when I looked it up it said hood and loop which I'd not heard of and that's what confused me!
Thanks - I'm feeling kind of stupid now!!

bit of good old sellotape fixes the threads in aplix!

yea as said aplix is just velcro - sometimes it's called hook and loop too. You can't say 'velcro' because it's a brand.

I thought that it was velcro, but when I looked it up it said hood and loop which I'd not heard of and that's what confused me!
Thanks - I'm feeling kind of stupid now!!

haha you;re not at all :hugs: i beleive it's called hook and loop because if you look quite closely it is actually thousands of little hooks and loops that attach together :flower:

yeh the hard side is the hook and the soft side is the loop lol

i might try that with sellotape on my velcro, i usually sit for hours pulling all the little bits out :dohh:

i have too much time on my hands obv lmao

x

I still call it velcro!
Its like lots of people refer to vacuum cleaners as Hoovers!

Apparently velco are very touchy on the use of their brand name...:shrug:

i call it velcro, habit...i actually do use real velcro on my nappies though haha

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->