What is Breakthrough Bleeding?

Ahhh tats a lot to take.. Poor u!! ..i just hope u r going thru all this just for a BFP.

For me the brown discharge has increased... Have a feeling it will turn into af by tomo or day after :( other than that no symptoms. I just have to wait n watch .

Btw its day time here in north east :) keep us posted on what the dr has to say

Oh no Eager, i hope its not AF!!

Im still spotting!! I doubt its baby related.

Arent our bodies so crule to us!!

were are you from? Im from Scotland... its 21:31 just now x

I am going to wait for a week or two and test again if nothing happens.

Wee nat.. am from new jersey and its 20:20 right now...

Wikipedia has lots on breakthrough bleeding: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_bleeding

Seems true breakthrough bleeding is seen while taking hormonal contraceptives. What you ladies seem to be experiencing is early menses or post ovulation spotting which could be linked to low progesterone.

Wikipedia has lots on breakthrough bleeding: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakthrough_bleeding

Seems true breakthrough bleeding is seen while taking hormonal contraceptives. What you ladies seem to be experiencing is early menses or post ovulation spotting which could be linked to low progesterone.

Thanks dtswife, I have the doctors in Monday so may ask for my hormones to be checked. X

Hey, i found this and thought it was quite helpful

Realize that 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons, teaspoon = 5ml. A normal pad holds 5ml when full (1/3 - 1/2 of pad covered, blood seen clearly through the back). A super pad holds 10 ml. This is the same for tampons. Anything les than 5ml is too light and more than 80ml is too heavy. To amend the scale I went in and added measures by day for some of the levels.

The Mansfield-Voda-Jorgensen Menstrual Bleeding Scale can give you indication about how much you are bleeding:

1. Spotting. A drop or two of blood, not even requiring sanitary protection though you may prefer to use some. Use of a liner appropriate at this point. It will not be filled only marked.

2. Very light bleeding. You would need to change the least absorbent tampon or pad one or two times per day, though you may prefer to change more frequently.

3. Light bleeding. You would need to change a low or regular absorbency tampon or pad two or three times per day, though you may prefer to change more frequently. 15ml/day - 4 days of this is 60ml

4. Moderate bleeding. You would need to change a regular absorbency tampon or pad every three to four hours, though you may prefer to change more frequently. 4 pad changes =20ml/day 3days is again 60ml

5. Heavy bleeding. You would need to change a high absorbency tampon or pad every three to four hours, though you may prefer to change more frequently. 4 pad changes/day is 40ml and 2 days of this is 80ml

6. Very heavy bleeding or gushing. Protection hardly works at all; you would need to change the highest absorbency tampon or pad every hour or two. If this happens for longer than an 8 hour stretch you should call your DR.

My AF Was Due Nov 8th It Didn't Come . But Today Nov 11th I Started Off With Cramps &&' Then Started Bleeding . I've Had Most Of The Pregnancy Symptoms Like Nausea , My Breast Being Sore , &&' My Fiance Is Getting Sick By The Smell Of The Food He Cooks At Work , Which This Hasn't Happen Before . We Had Sexual Intercourse Last Night , &&' I've Read That , Sexual Intercourse Can Cause Breakthrough Bleeding . So I Don't Know If My Period Is Late Or If I'm Pregnant . My Fiance Will Be Getting Me A HPT Saturday , &&' I'm Going To Take It Next Week .

Hi same thing happened to me!! I am ttc for the first time and had all the 'right' symptoms post ovulation .. Then round about the time when af was supposed to show up i started bleeding quite heavily (had to use a sanitary pad) for a day then it got very light like a pinkish/brownish discharge which is very strange never happened before! Also am still nauseous and have this weird back pain ... Do u have such symptoms as well??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->